Match Thread | At. Madrid vs Man City (30/07/23) 12.40pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny to see how much a pre season game means to them - bonkers. I have zero worries about any of the first 14 but boy this is a game where the fringe payers have a chance to show they should be in the squad. Some of them will have not done enough - particularly disappointed in Phillips who I don't know what type of player he actually is - I really don't think we will see a second season bounce from him. There will be some departures and maybe 2 additions this next fortnight. Only a friendly and some good time in the legs.

Did we take a different route with youth recruiting to the likes of Chelsea for example, who iirc just seemed to look for specimens. Ball control and touch seem to be No 1 priority for us which is hard to argue with, though I guess ideally you want both.
Is it the southern versus northern diet? :-)

They do appear rather diminutive, though they will fill out in time. However, you know that Guardiola won’t be starting league matches with more than one in the side, which in itself suggests, to me, that they won’t all be staying for the season.

Fucking hell Kalvin. It must be best for everyone for him just to go? No where near our level. It’s a shame as he seems like a great bloke.

I don't think it tells us anything of the sort - these games are, and always will be, glorified cardio. They never correlate with actual performance when the season starts.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, Pep won't be assessing the strength of his squad based on these games. He will already be acutely aware of any shortcomings.
We had the resident transfer muppet whinging earlier that non of the back up players are good enough. Like we are ever going to see them all on the pitch together in a meaningful game. Cranks everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.