Match Thread | Bayern Munich vs Man City (19/04/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some shit analysis in here. Bayern away is one of the toughest fixtures in world football.

We’ve gone into this game with a 3-0 lead and we were always going to have to weather a storm for long periods. A lot of teams would be a couple of goals down already under this kind of pressure.

These games are very much about survival and a dogs of war approach as much as they are about playing perfect football.

The pattern from recent big fixtures, inc Bayern and Liverpool, is that we come on strong in the 2nd half. We weren’t the better side by much if at all in either of those two games but by the end of 90 minutes it was City firmly in control.
Finally some sense.

People seem to forget there is another team playing that are 3.0 down. They’ve got nothing to lose throwing the sink at us and were always going to get chances.

We are keeping calm and I have faith that the next chance that falls to Erling will be buried.

We are showing experience here, in the past we would have got into a basketball match.

we need to learn to manage this high tension/high stake crucial CL games. if we want to win CL ever...
so far so good, we should have done with the ball in few occasions, not surprised we allowed few chances to Bayern, they are not Bournemouth level, of course they gonna create some chances .
pen should have been buried tho.

want to see Alvarez for 20 min, and maybe Foden for Gundo.

You’ve got to think as the game goes on now Bayern will have to entirely give up defending to go all out. I still fancy Haaland to bag one on the counter

I'm not sure we can 'get away' with this system against the truly elite teams?

Against a Madrid forward line, we would three or four down.

It gives up too much to the best of wide players and both Ake and Akanji are well off it.

For me, Gundo is having a poor game, he's too deep and essentially playing as a double pivot with Rodri.

Grealish, Stones and Bernie been our most impressive performers.

Especially in the away leg, maybe a more traditional back four with Walker in for pace would be more suited.

Last edited:
Gundo, rodri, Grealish, Kevin and Haaland all having poor game.
Need to improve possesion, attack and intensity in second half.

We've been outplayed. However, barring the early Sané chance, I think we've restricted them really well in terms of goalscoring opportunities.

I reckon if we can keep it tight for a bit longer, they'll be a lot of space to exploit as Bayern throw the kitchen sink at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.