Match Thread | Cardiff vs Man City (25/08/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the lack of goals, we've been much quicker to get forward at times and have had some decent interplay. Lacked the final ball a couple times, but if we don't get rattled we should be able to find a goal.

Still terrified of Garcia and Lescott in back. We need to buy a CB desperately. Lescott is limited but we can survive back there with him and Nastasic will be back soon. Garcia isn't a CB and isn't good enough to play out of position.

Probably best to give credit to Cardiff although the fact they've had better chances than us is a concern. We're still turning over possession too easily for me though.

Len Rum said:
pee dubya said:
They tired themselves out after half an hour and then we started to create a few half chances. Final ball been a bit forced so far, but I think we'll end up 2-0 barring a catastrophic Campbell breakaway cock-up.

On the hour they'll be shattered.
Tired out after half an hour?- they still managed to create two good chances in the last five minutes of the half!

Tired out - look at Toure - walking like he's got a stitch from the first minute. Very poor performance.

EaglesFan said:
I will get crusified but:

At some point (65th or 70th minute) bring Negredo and Milner on for Aguero and Fernandinho.

Play WIDE with Navas and Milner/Silva, send in crosses to Dzeko and Negredo.

We are NOT winning this by passing through the middle. Long distance shot or a header will have to do it.

that's one way or...
Lull their midfielders out a bit and play our usual style. If theyre discipline this wont work.

Or... Take some frickin shots from outside the box and test the keeper. (where we miss Tevez) You never know Serg might rip one upper 90 or we may get a deflection

But this whole throwing a rock through a wall approach isnt working

Caveman said:
lmjones1uk said:
@BluePhil8 said:
What a shit fucking half. I swear to god Lescott and Garcia wouldn't look out of place in Blackburns starting eleven.

Yaya doing his best to lose possession with every pass. How he is captain in front of Zabaleta is an insult.

Yet again whenever we get the ball forward Dzeko can't make anything happen.

Bring on Negrado for Dzeko in the second half.

Yet again though we have a shit official. Two minutes added on when Yaya was out for about three and Campbell has been down about eighteen times. Speaking of Campbell, what a small time rag diving ****. Ex United players like him and O'Shea are just funny to watch. They try there hardest against us and Liverpool. It's like they are part of a cult.

Cardiff are parking the bus, you too blind to see that? What do you want us to do part the Cardiff players like Moses parts the Red Sea, I despair..
I think people genuinely think that because Mancini had trouble with it, the change in manager means we'll have the exact answers to it now. The reality is hardly any football teams on the planet can work out how to unlock these kind of tactics, other than the extreme end of very best and we aren't one of them.
This
Even Barca have toruble when teams park the bus.

Would like to see the tempo pushed. Not closing the ball with authority like vs NU. This would allow us to break with pace and get into the penalty area before they get 11 behind the ball.

Come on City, we're better than this. Carrying on our away form from last season unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.