Match thread: Chelsea F.C v. Manchester City F.C

EaglesFan said:
I'll probably be crusified by Dzeko haters - but I truly believe he deserves to start vs Chelsea.

He actually looked good last night when he came on. An at least you know he'll give you all he's got day in and day out.

It's a big game for City and Dzeko used to thrive in those (and I dont think that somehow changed over night)...plus I don't know if AJ is fully fit yet. if I'm mancini I'd go for it..so the lineup:

----------------Hart----------------

Richards----Lescott--Company-----Kolarov

De Jong-------Barry

Tevez--------Yaya---------Silva

-------------Dzeko------------

I noticed Silva has been playing a lot on the left side lately so he'll be comfortable. Tevez iz a workhorse so playing in line with Silva and Yaya will add toughness on the defensive...in my opinion this is the best City has to offer right now. Good offensive/defensive balance.

And I don't believe this Dzeko and Tevez cant play together nonsense. I think they need to PLAY together a bit and they'll make it work...considering their DIFFERENT style of play I think they'd compliment each other nicely. I wish Tevez stays next year so that can be our dynamic duo.

This. Or Milner in for Yaya dependant on his fitness.

Absolutely vital we do not lose this game. 3 points would be a magnificent achievement.

1 point'll be good enough if we don't f#ck up against the spuds but 3 would be a stupendous result. . . I'd love it but doubt it as I think we'll go there to defend and try to ping one in on the break. 0 points would be a disaster but I'll forgive it if we put on a class show (provided it's the last loss we have this season!).

Heart says; Heavy Chelski pressure gives way to a goal by Balotelli on the break (he'll play and do all he can to make amends for his recent error). Chelski press harder to try to even matters but Tevez pops one in from a Johnson shot that was spilled by the keeper. HT Chelski 0 City 2. Chelski put the screws on at the start of the second half but the City defence holds firm with help from a brilliant Hart display. 20 minutes left and Tevez intercepts in midfield, pings a long one up towards Dzeko (second half sub for Johnson who still isn't fully match fit) and Dzeko slots it home. 3-0 to City. Chelski scramble a goal in the dying seconds and it's 3-1 to City.

Head says; Chelski attack like buggery but City hold firm 0-0.

Hard game this , but Chelsea are nothing like they used to be and struggled to fire past an average Copenhagen side midweek .

----------------Hart---------------
Richards--Vinnie K--Lescott----Kolarov
----------------NDJ-----------------
----------Yaya------Barry----------
Tevez------------------------Silva
--------------Dzeko---------------

If Mancini won't play Balotelli , Dzeko will play as AJ or Milner aren't fit enough to start I presume. But Dzeko deserves to play , there is something about him that I like . Last night when he controlled that long ball and hit it with his left , that was quality and that is what he has in his locker . But he will have to get involved more as no service will be coming in from out wide .

1-1 Dzeko to get the goal , but with the way Chelsea have been going about their business we could nick it , but I would take a draw . But don't underestimate Bobby , he has won his last 2 games against them and knows Ancelotti well and knows how to nulify his team.

----------------Hart---------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott----Kolarov
----------------NDJ-----------------
----------Yaya------Barry--------
---------------Silva--------------
---------Tevez-----Dzeko--------

1.Taylor
2.Milner
3.Johnson
4.Balotelli
5.Boyata
6. SWP
7. Viera

it will be 4 5 1..with tevez as lone striker..city will try for one point..but i think its not gonna happen

Tevez upfront on his own with 5 man-midfield is good enough to nick 1 or more points from Chelsea every time lately. To go all out attack and scarify a midfield for Dzeko or Balotelli in this game is just like committed a suicide.

Haven't been to Stamford Bridge before. Is there an away supporters pub close to the ground? If not where do blues meet\ drink before the game?

Thanks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.