Match Thread | Chelsea vs Man City (05/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more about balance - both Cancelo and Walker look lost especially in possession. John the only defender doing his job - at our best all possession is built from the back into the feet of the inverted fullbacks. Love to see Julien on but our balance is all wrong so understandable if Pep changes our back four first.
But everyone wanted walker to start, when will haaland live up to his billing of being one of the best in the world? A Messi or mbappe would have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck

Guardiola is making a bit of a mess of things lately.

He hung Grealish and Mahrez out to dry with no proper full back support (Lewis playing infield and Ake not able to attack) and now he's doing the same with Foden and Cancelo. When I saw the line-up I really thought he'd figured out that what we were doing isn't working and he was going with:

Ederson

Walker Stones Ake Cancelo

KDB Rodri Gundogan

Bernardo Haaland Foden

Foden likes to go outside and Cancelo cut inside, so perfect balance. On the other side, Bernardo likes to cut inside and Walker outside. Again perfect balance.

Instead of that we have had:

Ederson

Walker Sones Ake

Bernardo Rodri

Cancelo Gundogan Foden

KDB Haaland

It is screwing everyone up. Foden and Cancelo have been very poor, as has KDB but I suspect that (as with Grealish and Mahrez) it is more to do with the formation than the players themselves.

It seems we are just trying to find a way to fit KDB and Haaland in up front together and it just isn't working. If we can't make it work, then just drop one of them and let the team play to its strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.