Match Thread | Crystal Palace vs Man City (11/03/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for there next goal kick:

- Guaita takes 15-20 seconds to get the ball placed where he's kicking it from.
- Palace centre halves drop for the short pass.
- Guaita never plays the short pass and another 15-20 seconds has passed.
- Guaita waits for Palace centre halves to run up the pitch, takes 15-20 seconds to kick it.

We lost nearly 10 minutes in that half because of that.

Don't even get me started on throw-ins.
Every game against us. And, to be fair, many in the league not involving us.

There is a reason they tried to add on more time in the WC: the average time the ball is in play across the top five leagues has been trending down for a decade.

Everyone (clubs, broadcasters, fans, etc.) are literally paying more for less every year.

They have to make reforms (80 minute matches, stop clock when ball is out of play, no more stoppage time) or they’re going to quite literally lose the young fans to eSports football (already happening, partly because of changing tastes and attentions spans, partly due to economics), which to them will be much more interesting, action-packed, and have a much better value-for-money proposition.

Broadcasters are already seeing falling live viewership in favour of highlight packages on streaming platforms and why not, you’re not forced to watch 35 minutes of nonsense shithousery.

I have always been one for live football but this even testing even my resolve now. Everyone says we play boring football now but it’s hard to play high tempo when the opposition breaks play every 90 seconds and the officials practically encourage it.

Sturridge’s accent is nearly as bad as his suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.