Match Thread | Everton vs Man City (27/12/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him, just not in midfield.
I hear you. I do not mean to gloss over the criticisms as I believe they are valid.

It’s a bit of a compromise, and also insurance, as well as providing some thing that we don’t always have from other players consistently outside Foden of late, else on the pitch especially without Haaland now or maybe in the future.

By Pep playing him and trying to get him more accustomed to the role he is young enough to improve and learn

His clinical qualities are about as good as any top striker that would cost close to 100m and if the risk could be that Holland has to play, so you were trying to figure out how to play the both of them together so we don’t risk losing worst case scenario both of them which could happen if it’s not handled correctly.

there can be no doubt many of the top sides in Europe you are desperate for a striker as clinical as him are watching the situation closely to see if they could get Alvarez because Haaland is the main guy.

so, whilst I understand the reasons, why is he playing in midfield the support striker role which is almost a midfielder most of the time is where he’s going to have to play because he’s going to be better at some of these skills than Holland is just because he’s not 6’ 4, and is better with long shots.

We can also consider Kev coming back might help allow Julian to be less on the ball, and we did see him with Argentina demonstrate some creitivity as I recall.

So KDB back with our dynamica duo striker partnership may be what Pep is also preparing for as the plan to keep he and Haaland as long as possible so no worries about not playing, in with Kev able to operate deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.