Match Thread | FC Copenhagen vs Man City (11/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it had to be deliberate if it’s in the build up?

You can only disallow for any handball if it’s the person putting the ball in the net.
Yep. This is the explanation of the handball law given on the BBC’s website this morning when discussing some of this weekend’s decisions:

For accidental handball in the build-up to a goal:

• If one player accidentally handles the ball and a team-mate scores, the goal is given;
  • However, if a player accidentally handles the ball themselves and goes on to score, the goal will not stand.

That var intervention is fucking outrageous- i thought one a few years ago against spurs when it brushed Laporte arm from a corner was bad but I thought it now came down to the player scoring the goal being the one to handle. The ball was subsequently played by Mahrez to Alvarez and then on to Rodri.

if a defender handles it like that in the box it’s never a penalty so we have to standards of handball one by the attacking team and one by the defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.