Match Thread | Fulham vs Man City (13/03/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get they need match fitness, but it’s highly unusual to play 3 or 4 of them at once from the start. We’ve had a shedload of games recently, why not spread out the mins of those needing time on the pitch, instead of sticking them all in the same game?
Pep does a lot of highly unusual things. Generally seems to work though don’t you think?

Mendy and Canceclo playing wingbacks alongside 3 strikers(if you count torres who has played the role for us enough this season). The balls in behind should be no problem to find for mendy and cancelo, yet we simply havent found anything outside of cancelo once or maybe twice. Mendy has produced absolutely nothing. I dont blame pep for the system because on paper it should be effective against this fulham side...but one side you have cancelo havent to link up with torres who's short of game time, and the other side gabby having to link with mendy...

The other issue is we keep constantly cutting back inside expecting to find something central when we are effectively playing 2 midfielders during attacking play.

Poor endevour and understanding of what is expected by the wide players.
I do blame the system, was their any need to change the team to that extent?. Change individuals but don't change everything.

Relax everyone.

Pep will make all the correct decisions when it comes to 2nd half substitutions and the tactical changes needed to get past Fulham.

No changes at HT.
ZSM7Qad.gif

Creativity is not the issue here, we've set up to play down the flanks, the problem is the supply is too slow, we're getting the ball to the wings with everybody in position and doubled up which then means somebody has to do something special just to get into a position to create anything, move the ball quickly, shift them about and the space will reveal itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.