Match Thread | Hearts vs Man City (18/07/14)

Good game. I was more impressed by the kids than our older players to be honest, but they probably had more to prove. Huws and Rekik are very good talents and Zuculini looks promising. If Leigh can develop more, he may have the making of a good modern full-back who can bomb forward and get back.

Already said it though, Micah barely resembles a top flight footballer anymore. He is shocking and I don't think improved fitness is going to change much. It's almost embarrassing that most of the under-21s on show look technically superior to him already.

LoveCity said:
Good game. I was more impressed by the kids than our older players to be honest, but they probably had more to prove. Huws and Rekik are very good talents and Zuculini looks promising. If Leigh can develop more, he may have the making of a good modern full-back who can bomb forward and get back.

Already said it though, Micah barely resembles a top flight footballer anymore. He is shocking and I don't think improved fitness is going to change much. It's almost embarrassing that most of the under-21s on show look technically superior to him already.

i missed the 1st half...was richards that bad?

lancs blue said:
cookster said:
Huws is the only one anywhere near Lopes quality.

Can't see any of the others young players making a Capital One appearance.
I thought Leigh and Rekik also did well in both games.

I didn't see the Dundee game, but I was impressed with both of them today, too.

razman said:
LoveCity said:

i missed the 1st half...was richards that bad?

Pretty much. All bulk and muscle, runs in straight lines, doesn't have the stamina top modern full-backs need to get back so jogs back leaving his side exposed. And will always struggle in our style because his passing game isn't very good. At one point he just stood on the spot with the ball, I'm not sure whether because he didn't know what to do or because he was out of breath. It's not hard to see why clubs haven't taken him for a low fee when offered, we just have to hope one does because sadly he isn't cut out to play for a team like City anymore.

To the ones who watched it...

Did we press? Was pressing part of the gameplan at all? Or did we start with pressing than stopped it later?

Thats the big question to me for next season that we try a pressing style or not at all...

Damanino said:
To the ones who watched it...

Did we press? Was pressing part of the gameplan at all? Or did we start with pressing than stopped it later?

Thats the big question to me for next season that we try a pressing style or not at all...
we did press, but in the end the players got knackered as that pressing style is obviously hard on players especially on pre-season.

I remember seeing Huws get a game under Mancini and thought he looked good then but today he looked superb. He has bulked up and developed a great fast game that will fit in with our first XI instantly. I think now Pellegrini has a title under his belt he'll be more supportive of youngsters this season and this guy has to be first on the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.