Match Thread | Liverpool vs Man City (16/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And move Cancelo to the other side, who has been linking up so well with Phil.

I expected to see Foden, Cancelo and Bernardo all terrorising him on that side.
As I said in the pre-match the dippers biggest threat is salah and I just don’t think you can trust Cancelo not to go walkabout which is the last thing you want against him. I think the back four is doing fine. Wr need Rodri and Gundo to get a grip in the middle

Getting caught on the ball and dispossessed in midfield, not attacking quickly enough or passing accurately enough.

Best chance of the half, Haaland set up Foden, but on his RIGHT foot and he wasn’t willing to take the shot. Had he put it on his left, it could have been a shot it even a second pass/cross.

Stats say we are edging the possession by 10%, but most of ours is passing around at the back, while theirs is mainly attacking threat.

Attempts are 2 to 1 to City, but Haaland hasn’t made the most of his chances and too many touches by players around edge of box.

While stats favor us, I feel like they have shown more threat going forward than we have. Lots of last gasp defending.

Foden appears literally afraid of Milner!? Needs to run at him, or get the 1-2 around him.

Biggest issues for me…
1) turnovers in midfield
2) not releasing KDB with an earlier ball
3) allowing them to set up defensively when we have the ball

COME ON, CITY!!!

P.S. Watching in Brazil. On TV they said City fans chanting “Where’s your famous atmosphere?” and had a good laugh. Hahaha!

I love him but Pep is such a knob for debuting a new formation at Anfield.

Why not do this vs Copenhagen?

Why decide the answer to them playing 60 year old Milner is not to put a winger on him, but drop him back 30 yards to play LWB?
Hasn’t Foden been pretty much man for man on Milner? Gomez has come across a lot, but we’ve had a player on Milner. Milner, as we all know, is a very professional experienced guy, although slow now, and not easily made to look like a mug. There’ll come a moment when he is left lacking in the second half, I just hope we score from it (or Milner gets sent off this time if required).

There is another team on the pitch, the vermin have upped their game defensively because its a big game against us at home. Sometimes you have to give credit, even to those fuck nuts.
I think Liverpool is one of the best teams of the decade. Easily top 5. I give them ton of credit, but they are still poor today and we haven't been great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.