Match Thread | Man City vs Barcelona (18/02/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
homerdog said:
gwt said:
croasdale said:
Don't blame the ref. Wasn't a foul on Navas, def pen and def red card. Just incredibly frustrating that that was their first real chance, and now they'll probably get a couple more now.
Navas call was debatable and it was outside the box.

If the Navas decision was the other way round, you know the ref would have given it to Barcelona, he's been doing it all night. And I don't know why everybody is blaming MDM, it was Kompany who was out of position and played Messi onside. MDM had no real choice but to try and make a challenge in that situation.

But if MDM was asleep in defence he would have seen Messi was going in all alone before it happened. I could see it from my couch. He got lazy assuming there was going to be a foul called. No point in making that tackle. He was never going to get the ball. The only outcome was always going to be a red card.

jcwilsn1 said:
mardon85 said:
croasdale said:
Don't blame the ref. Wasn't a foul on Navas, def pen and def red card. Just incredibly frustrating that that was their first real chance, and now they'll probably get a couple more now.

Please explain how the fowl was outside the box and a penalty is given because he falls into the box.. Is the a new rule.

Foul for me looks inside the box. But really depends I guess.

demichelis_2826981a.jpg

For anyone who missed it. Staring at the picture for 5 minutes I can't figure out if it was a PK or not, can't blame the ref for making a heat of the moment decision that was possibly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.