Match Thread | Man City vs Barnsley (31/07/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think (hope) that the default opinion on Mahrez amongst blues is now that he’s fucking unbelievable. He is a playmaker, yet he’s also a winger that can go either way, and he’s also a goal scorer. He is the complete package as a wide forward/winger.
He was due a season like the last one. His underlying stats in 19/20 were incredible, but they went unnoticed because a) he was unfashionable at the time amongst fans and b) KDB's stats were godlike so he took the attention.

His and the club's patience has been magnificently rewarded.

Really good watch but we're not getting all that much out of this. Intensity and speed of the game is entirely upto us and with respect to Barnsley it's way too easy.

Nevertheless, really nice link up on the right with cancelo and mahrez. Mahrez has scored, got an assist and assisted an assist. Mcatee certainly has the talent, comfortably the pick of the kids for me. find him a ball playing championship side for a loan ASAP! Build his physicality and let him adjust to that and he could make a hefty impact here. Palmer seems a bit further away to me than others are suggesting.

We're seeing a lot of fantasy lineups on here with transfer speculation rife and hardly anybody has Mahrez in the side, staggering given his form of the last 12 months. What a player he is.

I think (hope) that the default opinion on Mahrez amongst blues is now that he’s fucking unbelievable. He is a playmaker, yet he’s also a winger that can go either way, and he’s also a goal scorer. He is the complete package as a wide forward/winger.

Im still not convinced he does enough in the big games. He only scored in 6 league games last season and the only time he scored against a top 10 team was against Leicester in his first game of the season. And until he scored those goals against Dortmund and PSG he’d only scored 2 CL goals in 2 and a half seasons.

We're seeing a lot of fantasy lineups on here with transfer speculation rife and hardly anybody has Mahrez in the side, staggering given his form of the last 12 months. What a player he is.
Nah, Pep's made him very boring to watch nowadays, one of the Villa or Spuds fans on here said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.