Match Thread | Man City vs Chelsea (21/09/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikoman said:
Samir in, James off

James and Zaba been the only outlet wide for city plus Milner helps out defensively which is why hazard has been moved across. On merit I'd be looking at silva, list the ball a few times, poor crossing and us on a last chance with his tackles. Good pressing but no real chances created, don't get caught by a sucker punch. 1-0 city.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
nikoman said:
Samir in, James off

Not being personal here, but why exactly? Because we want even less in the way of tempo?

I like both players, BTW but this is Milner's better environment.

I agree I don't think that Same should even come on unless we go down by one just not the kind of game for him in my opinion.

I can't help but feel Mourinho has us right where he wants us. We played great football and got nothing. Except corners, from which we never threaten. They're comfortable giving us 30 corners and we don't look close to scoring.

Hopefully we take our chance when it comes.

City dominant, but Chelski look dangerous on the break! I could have written that before the game, but that's exactly how it is playing out.

So far, Kompany and Mangala are playing like Spartans. For me, the one dull spark for City has been Aguero. Let's hope he finds half a yard in the second half.

Also, corners and free kicks need to beat the first man, ffs! And we need to be very careful that we are ready for the second ball on a corner. Costa was looking for the knockdown as soon as the cross was made, so we need to keep an eye on set plays. Chelski have some big lads.

No complaints so far, other than the lack of a City goal!

City Glory While Others Fade said:
nikoman said:
Samir in, James off

James and Zaba been the only outlet wide for city plus Milner helps out defensively which is why hazard has been moved across. On merit I'd be looking at silva, list the ball a few times, poor crossing and us on a last chance with his tackles. Good pressing but no real chances created, don't get caught by a sucker punch. 1-0 city.

Kolarov is never as good when he has a left footer infront of him. He feeds on reverse passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.