Match Thread | Man City vs. Everton (10/02/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City attack, Everton put 7/8 players in the middle of their box and throw players in the way of every attempted shot. City get squeezed out, play out wide, cross the ball in, but nobody is on the end of it.

Everton are just defending like their life depends on it. It happens. We need to stop them from bunching up and spread the players positions out more, creating space.

Setup all wrong. Balance of the side not right.
Burnley aside we've struggled alot this season at home.
Gonna need energy and creativity from the bench.

It's hard to really single out certain players in that first half display, All round It's been very poor.

Moving the ball far too slowly in all areas of the pitch, The ball needs to get moved much more fluent in the second half which I'm sure it will.

Phil Foden needs to be brought into the central area, Silly decision by Pep to put him wide right, He's been our best player in recent weeks playing centrally on no need to change it.

Walker and KDB on in the second half please.

Absolute shite that.

Benching KDB and pushing Foden wide to accommodate Nunes blows my mind. Someone give me a shout when Nunes does absolutely anything against a side that isn’t complete dogshit.

Akanji didn’t know what colour we were playing in for 25 mins.

Doku lively but yet again no end product.

Get Nunes off, potentially Alvarez too and get KdB and Foden central.

I can only assume Pep is bored. Theres no way in a million years he would pick two players like nunes and alvarez to play in his midfield if he was serious.
Does give the impression of wanting to do things differently this year - fewer passers/controllers, more runners/risk-takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.