Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool (01/04/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to know what LaPorte has done because there’s zero reason he shouldn’t be starting over Akanji. The disparity in quality is palpable
Akanji has been solid this season on the whole. He’s a hard nut defender in the Dias category. Laporte is more of a soft ball playing defender, like Stones but way more shite.

Typical the way the game is going we've dominated like this over the last two years against them at home and ended up not getting all three points, Hopefully it's a different outcome today.

As for the goal we conceded, Simply not good enough it was Sunday league stuff playing with four centre backs and a gaping hole in the middle. I like Akanji seems a nice genuine lad but he's not good enough he had to step up with Dias to play Jota offside it was shocking defending we need to get back to basics Stones and Dias at centre back and Walker at right back.

Just please fucking win.
The Lino wouldn’t have given offside anyway.

Also dont like Stones playing bit higher up, imo he does not add enough going forward. maybe vs weaker teams he plays with more confidence, but not today.

we stopped playing with inverted fullbacks due to Walker brainfarts, loss of form and Cancelo fiasco, but in these tight games we need imo either Bernardo playing deep like many times in the past or maybe Lewis speed/passing in there to make a few runs in that area.

Akanji gets some stick on here but realistically he is a young lad who cost very little who's been foisted into a really tough role in his first season. I think pound for pound he's done a brilliant job, he's just 5% off what we need in these big games but the expectations on him are somewhat unfair. He isn't Dias or Laporte or Stones.

I reckon with a couple of years behind us he could become a really important player - at the moment he's doing a job for us because Pep clearly needs him, and so we should get behind him.

High quality game. Just think we could benefit from more speed in midfield, in both directions. Someone with Fernandinho’s pace and awareness.

I believe it's because Stones is FAR more comfortable playing inverted than Walker. Walker is a lot of things but being comfortable on the ball isn't one of them.
He's more comfortable with his balls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.