Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool FA Cup (16/04/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly disappointing though this is, it's far from a disaster. I am sure many of us actually expected it.

A right good thrashing, perversely, could give the players the kick up the arse needed to ensure we win our last 7 games. And to make sure we don't fuck up our remaining CL games. If we were to throw anything, the FA cup is the thing to throw.

And it will not hurt our summer spending budget either
Absolutely. Pre-match I had us down for a 4-1 loss. Proud to be a City fan after what we had to put up with on Wednesday while they virtually had a night off. All those whinging, especially in the first half, should be ashamed of themselves. Yes we were poor, but for good reason.

Still time left for
For those wondering why Pep hasn't made the subs I think if Jesus had scored that sitter we would have seen Kev but knowing the game is gone why risk your best player. Things I take from this awful performance are :

Love Zinchenko but he's obviously got more important things on his mind and admirable it is to try and play on perhaps family and other matters should take higher priority.
Steffan is horrendous and maybe the Irish lad on loan should be given a go
Fernandinho has chosen the right time to bow out but what a servant he has been.
Phil, Jack and Bernardo need to not rely on our first choice two midfield so much without Kev and Rodri they need to step up.
You can understand why after 2 years without having a striker buying Haaland is number one priority - we have to evolve again.
Finally it is clear why Pep has made the PL and CL his main aims this year.
Dead right, and if we win both of those then he’ll have been proven correct.

We have been a disgrace today. Feel for all the fans at the game. In with a snifter at the end but we didn’t deserve anything from that first half performance. Pep has to take a lot of responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.