Match Thread | Man City vs. Sparta Prague (23/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That goal was one of the reasons the rule was changed
sorry to go off on a tangent but should sterlings goal have been dissallowed anyway in that game - its always bugged me that no one talks about this

erikesen i think plays it back and it rebounds from point blank range off bernardo into agueros paths who is given offside

ive seen numerous weird decisions over the years suggesting that bernie was never in a million years ‘playing’ the ball for the purposes of it then being a city forward pass and instead is a non deliberate deflection;

1. Benzemas bizarrely dissallowed goal in the champions league final 2022 where the liverpool defender was deemed not to have ‘played’ the ball despite it changing direction 180 degrees after the defender wades in to a challenge and his kick is the final touch, passing it to benzema who finishes. it was deemed to have been played by a real player who also waded into the same challenge but didnt get the last touch

2. The arsenal dissaallowed goal away at everton couple of years ago where the everton player closes down a defender and the ball ricoches miles up the pitch about 45 degrees in a different direction, again in that case the ‘play’ is still deemed to be the arsenal defender who was likely just trying to play it wide right to a full back

The fourth goal was down to Akanji drawing them out, obviously tactics we've worked on. He went back and back, passed and we were through them.
It's been the solution to packed defence for a while for me..
Draw the fuckers out with the jab in our own half and then boom..
Hit em with the right cross uppercut..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.