Match Thread | Man City vs Spurs (19/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy for disagreement but I sometimes feel that an arrogance has set in. When such arrogance isn’t accompanied by ruthlessness, it’s just plain complacency.

I may just be talking out of my ass but this has reminded me that no one has any divine right to win the title. Has to be worked for but the games from players and reactions from people in general would make you feel like it is a forgone conclusion even when signs were pointing to Arsenal being a threat early on.

With that said, these are the situations that makes us what we are. We support the lads through thick and thin because if we don’t, who will…it’s not great at the moment but things can change.

This may just be some long winded shite and if you feel so, please ignore. I just felt like writing down my inner thoughts.
Dont even think you can put it down to just complacency at this point mate theres no desire hunger or effort being shown.
Too many key players out of form... foden, de bruyne, walker, cancelo, ederson, bernardo etc.
Players such as Ake being shoe horned in at left back out of position.
Theres no leadership or anyone taking control on the pitch such as kompany, yaya and fernandinho used to do.
Theres also a lack of squad depth which I was hounded for on here for saying it could cause it to be a long season.. because the signing of haaland was all that mattered apparently.... now im seeing him being scapegoated!
And then Pep seems to have been acting quite irregular when talking about some players in press conferences, hes hinted at some not pulling their weight etc when hes usually only complimentary and very defensive of his players.
Whatever has gone on has caused an absoloute shitshow which now effectively puts us out of the title race and our cup final of the season is now next friday...
And whilst typing all that out its gone 2-2

We are still leaving the counter on.
We need to be careful here still.
Ake needs to come off. We need cancelo at lb.. idk I never like ake as lb he isn’t creative going forward and his defense is just as bad as cancelo
Imo

So much better playing with pace and being direct. No reason we can’t play like this from the start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.