Match Thread | Man United vs Man City (14/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez decisions are always to slow keeps the ball to long comes back Foden that’s side and Grealish on the left foden one touch passing on that side will opening it up more!

All these have got is the “ball over the top and hope for the best” tactic.

Think we’ve been much better than recently but one thing in particular is burning my head right out.

Every single time the ball over the top or through the channel for Haaland is on, every one of them ignores it in favour of the safe pass.

Completely doing my head in so his head must be creased with it.
Pointless him playing. We may as well just have a false 9 midfielder there.

I keep saying it so apologies in advance. We miss Sterling
He was always absolutely pathetic against Wan Bissaka.

He never scored against his boyhood club and never really played well against them once.

Reactions: PPT
Would be nice if Cancelo passed to Foden once in a while rather than pretending he is the winger.

Patience needed. They're so easily carved open but everytime we rush the pass or do the predictable, only poorly executed.

Pass to feet guys. Pass and move. Do that with more confidence and we will win this. Their only chances come from our mistakes.
This is a good observation. I think Cancelo is pushing up into spaces that should be occupied by Bernardo or Foden which pushes Foden even further out wide where he gets no passes. Against a fast breaking team like United I think both full backs need to stay back in the back 4. We got caught out a few times that haldf with our fullbacks AWOL up the field when we turned the ball over.

The false 9 doesn’t seem so bad now does it!
Haaland has barely been passed to at all. Not sure what he’s meant to do
I agree but the false 9 created massive uncertainty in defences nobody knew who to pick up as we constantly changed positions now they all know who they’ve got. I’m not having a go at Haaland but if we want to succeed we need to change our style because it’s been sussed

Reactions: PPT
What frustrates me is how we seem to play in a manner that allows the opposition to get everyone back behind the ball, not only does it make is really difficult for us to score but a long ball over the top leaves us exposed to their pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.