Match Thread: Manchester City F.C v Leicester City

this could be a blessing in disguise, it showed us , no not us we know, it showed bobby a few home truths.

1, jo is a waste of a shirt.

2, we are'nt yet good enough to play a "weakened" side, (got out of jail yesterday)

3,whatever you do dont sell shay.

4, get a defender in pronto, a ban or injury to vinny and we are fucked.

5, buy players you are not going to fall out with, ade yesterday would have improved us greatly.

Hart being young or old is a great keeper. Don't know a single goalie that didnt make mistakes in their career. Can't c how he gets from praises to criticism in few days time (Arsenal game). And even in this game he really got some massive saves that were heading 2 inches from post and headers from 3 feet away.

For Jo ...i think Ade is far better...don't see why it matters if he's cup tied if by all accounts he headin for europe

OrigamiNinja said:
trueblueboy said:
[soundcloud]Sorry mate but you are talking shit! We have the best defensive record in the Prem and that is in large part due to Hart! I said it time and time again last season that Given never makes a glaring mistake because he plays it safe all the time ie never comes off his line to take a cross. Ive lost count of how many times I saw the ball headed in from 3 yards out with Given glued to his line before falling backwards on to his arse! Hart is miles better than Given in fact I would go as far as to say that Given being a great keeper is nothing more than a myth!
[/soundcloud]

Listen I don't want to get in to an argument with a complete fool. Given has proved that he is one of the most consistent if not the most consistent goalkeepers in the EPL for the last 12 years. If you don't agree I'm sorry but these are the facts. Given won't come 3 yards of his line - what do you mean? - your a fool. Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper. You say he is one of the best in the world - NONSENSE. Great goalkeepers do not make mistakes like tonight for example. I have NEVER seen Given make a mistake like that EVER. Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that...I repeat Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that. Can I get through to you????

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLYkWJ0QUA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLYkWJ0QUA</a>

I don't think that there's an argument to have about our keepers - we have 2 of the best keepers in europe and, as it happens, all goalies make mistakes / all human / none perfect / just some more perfect than others and I think that applies equally to Joe & Shay.
2 all against Leicester is without doubt a bad result but it's not the end of the world and I think that we should be a bit more forgiving than to castigate all and sundry over a result that the whole club already have deep misgivings about.
We have a new squad and new squads are difficult to mould and ergo prone to throw up a mix a poor, average displays amongst the excellent. If you think back to when old bacon face took over at the swamp you'll rtecall that their big rebuild resulted in them dropping out of the top flight - we're in the 1st half of a similar exercise yet we're sat at the highest lerague position we've held for donkeys years and we're still in both the europa cup and the FA cup . . . not all bad eh?
Let's take a 'be calm and cool' pill and give Roberto and the Sheik (and all the players and staff) a bit of support through this difficult rebuilding phase - given a modicum of patience the rewards will surely outstrip a small but much needed investment of faith from us the supporters.
I suspect that the true blues out there will echo these thoughts regardless of the noise of jerking knees coming from the the less faithful minority.
I'll be there at weekend and I'll be giving more support than ever at this time when support is most needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.