Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (17/08/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit rusty but pretty good.
Fernando has been superb.
Movement & overloading on the left has been excellent.
Dzeko back heel for the goal was excellent.

In fairness I will admit I was wrong clichy is having a decent game at right back. We have done ok really.

I really think Jovetic will be a great player for us as the season goes on. Great ability but remember he has still not played many competitive matches with the first team squad and clearly trying too hard to make an impression after being out so long.

Just needs to calm down a bit and find his position to play on the pitch without stepping on others toes.

Good to be ahead. Jovetic looks good but he wants to be too involved, got in Kolarov's way right at the end there. Fernando seems to have grown into the game. Kompany looks assured at the back. Lovely flick from Dzeko

Having a quick glance at this thread and the drama queens are out in force. At least while the match is on it will give their windows a chance to dry.

NQCitizen said:
Wouldn't criticise Jovetic at all. His pass to Nasri was great and his positioning creates havoc for the opponent.

Like having an extra striker + an extra playmaker at times.

The team has played well so far - no complaints.
Yeh bit confused tbg to see the criticism on here, he has Coloccini terrified, doesn't know whether to stay or go and he's pressing really well, best on the pitch after MDM.

Hungdaddy said:
Fernando been mint in the first half. Great start
He is a fantastic ball passer and decision maker. Doesn't do anything special, but knows where the ball is going before it gets to him. Even in his poor games in pre season, he was doing this. Once he starts adding his enormous defensive qualities, we will be golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.