Match Thread | Newcastle vs. Man City (28/09/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly entertaining game with both teams being equally good and equally poor at varying stages of the half.

Only Gündoğan in the midfield is getting consistently involved in the game. Yeah things haven’t come off for him and he looks about 40 when running back, but he’s done more than Lewis and Kovačić combined. Those two need to get involved in the game. Deep midfield is where Yaya and Rodri had/have 120+ touches of the ball in games and dictate(d) play. I’d be surprised if Lewis and Kovačić had twenty passes combined that half.

I’d rather take one of those two off because at some point Gündoğan’s constant involvement is going to end in a goal or assist.

Bernardo quiet n’all but he’s not playing centrally.

Grealish, Gvardiol and the back four and keeper have all been good.

Newcastle also been randomly good and bad n’all.
Agree, don't think gundo has been as bad as some are saying and has shown some creativity, some coming off (pass through to haaland twice) and some not (trying to chip the GK)

I vaguely remember a game in the last year or so at Newcastle (think it was the cup game) where we were comfortable at HT and deserved to be easily ahead, dominating. Then they came out second half and all of them were trying to fire up their fans after every tackle, throw in, corner, anything - and we pretty much wilted to it and lost.

I think THAT is what we need to be ready for in the second half. Howe has had this idea of late that we don’t like aggression. Need to battle through the opening stages of the 2nd half as they will try to get more from their fans by being even more aggressive than they have been so far.
Our team in that first half included Phillips, Lewis, Gomez, and Bobb, who played splendidly; they brought on their heavyweights at the break and became much more aggressive and we capitulated. They’re basically all playing for them today already.

The more they attack, the more space there will be for Doku/Savinho later; just need not to concede first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.