Match Thread | Porto vs Man City (01/12/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my years listening to a wide array of know-nowt commentators, take a bow Ian Darke.

He's failed to name the correct player on both sides more than a dozen times.

A particular classic was mistaking Torres for Bernardo going in on goal.

When Bernie made the fucking pass from 30 yards away.

Put this dinosaur out to pasture.
At one point he mistook Rodri for Bernardo!

Not sure there’s much to moan about. A much changed team dominating without causing them too many problems.
Think we will get the win, which is enough to give us plenty of leeway with squad rotation going forward.
Not sure what people were expecting tonight.

Strange half. Completed dominated without actually causing them any problems. It seems to the the same old story that if KDB isn’t on the pitch, we create next to nothing. Foden is trying but it’s not quite happening and nothing is coming from the midfield. On that score the club may have a difficult decision where Bernardo is concerned, we all love him but he’s bringing nothing but energy to the party. We need more than that when he is playing as the creative force in the middle.

Up top we have very little. Torres flitting in and out of the game but needs to be more involved. As for Sterling, If I never watched a City game and went purely off what Keown said, I would be 100% convinced that Sterling was the best player in the world. Apparently, he is fast, skilful, incredible at getting past full-backs and to the bye-line.

After watching a couple of games with a proper left back in Mendy, you really do notice how limited we are in terms of width and getting around the defence with a Zinchenko type not playing the role properly.

Cancelo not doing much on the right.
It forces Foden wide left which is not ideal, he's much better if he can play as an inside winger.

The right side confuses me because I would assume Cancelo would stay high and wide like Mendy but he isn't really.

Just like every first half this season to me. Dominate every team as they defend with Everyman hoping to hit us on the break.

must be so frustrating for the players too.
Really not sure what plan b could be for pep anymore

In all my years listening to a wide array of know-nowt commentators, take a bow Ian Darke.

He's failed to name the correct player on both sides more than a dozen times.

A particular classic was mistaking Torres for Bernardo going in on goal.

When Bernie made the fucking pass from 30 yards away.

Put this dinosaur out to pasture.

And we’ve signed Telles apparently. At least he got the right city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.