Match Thread | RB Leipzig vs Man City (04/10/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leipzig is very well organized and looks dangerous on the counter. Although it looks pretty clear that Pep hasn't got this lineup spot on exactly. Walker and Dias's passing being all over the place not helping anything.
I'd replace Stones with Akanji, but i reckon this formation and players make a great team.

Very comfortable performance in possession. It's a shame we didn't get the second goal before half time to kill them off, Once it's only 1-0 they are still in the game.

In the downside Ruben Dias looks way off it and Akanji in midfield isn't working.

Stress free first half with almost total domination of the ball. We could, and probably should have scored two more.

I still dont like Akanji playing so far up. He just doesn’t look comfortable there.

is It just me me or does Ruben Dias just not look like the same player this season. I have never seen him give the ball away as much as he has the past few weeks.

Decent half with some good contributions: Gvardiol and Lewis especially. Akanji has been the weak link, IMO. He is a superb defender and has been an excellent buy but, in midfield, his close control is not too drawer and he will get picked off. It is in the transitions that the danger will come.

All good aside from the scoreline. Should be over already and simply not created enough considering how much we've had of it. Rico's been great. His off the ball movement is very gundogan-like, seems knackered now though. Few energy bars at halftime to perk him up. Walker and Dias sloppy and not switched on at the back, gvardiol however has been faultless.

Doku on second half for grealish, give Bernardo an early rest in preparation for the weekend get bobb or gomez on in his place. maybe stones to get half hour then ring the changes later if we bag a further goal or two. Could do with haaland bagging one.

At what point do some fans stop thinking it's everyone else's fault and start putting even a little bit of blame on Haaland himself?
I agree he’s not helping but he looks like he’s given up making the run because when he does he still doesn’t get the ball

Stress free first half with almost total domination of the ball. We could, and probably should have scored two more.

I still dont like Akanji playing so far up. He just doesn’t look comfortable there.

is It just me me or does Ruben Dias just not look like the same player this season. I have never seen him give the ball away as much as he has the past few weeks.
His defending is still outstanding which is the main thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.