Match Thread | Shakhtar Donetsk vs Manchester City (06/12/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the manager puts out youth and fringe players and instructs the guys who have a chance to play on Sunday not to get hurt you won’t have a top performance. I can’t believe people on here don’t understand this

Ederson was very rooky-esque with that second goal. I think he saw that fifteen stone Shaker heading for him, thought of the Liverpool game, and wanted to protect both shins for Sunday.

Come on, be serious! I am just saying this is a game of football, lose it by playing it, not just turning up and rambling about. These same players might turn up against Rags, what then?

that not going to happen though is it. most of our first team will be back then

Its time to rest Fernandinho.

Thank god Jesus is wasting big scoring chance in this game and not when it really matter.

we need to get this league wrapped up on Sunday before everyone notices we've dominated the whole thing with just 2 good CB's, no LB, and one non-attacking midfielder.

Don't want to be overly critical because it's a meaningless game but I think it's time we accepted that Tosin isn't good enough and probably won't be for the foreseeable future. That doesn't mean he's not a good player, but not at the level we need, even for a 5th choice. Mangala and Touré have been worse, mind you.

Really disappointed in Bernardo and to be honest I have been since we signed him. He doesn't DO anything. I still believe he'll come good but he needs to do it himself and fast- Pep can't put the effort in for him.

Sané is also being lazy IMO.

Tosin needs to improve a fair bit over the next year or so if he's to make it. As does Mangala but in less time.

So poor, and there was no need for Ederson to be out that far.
Danilo and Tosin are so high up the pitch and have absolutely zero chance of ever catching up to Ismaily. Ederson needed to come for that ball -- that was the best chance to stop the scoring opportunity. If this was an important game, he makes more of an effort to cut that ball down but since this is a nothing game with a knock-out match next he can't risk a red card given the circumstances. I have no issue with any part of him in that scenario. It is entirely on the defenders.

Would people stop wetting there pants, this is pretty much a fringe squad playing a champions league game against a decent team, every one wanted us to rest players for the derby and we did, if we picked a full strength team and picked up injuries etc all hell would have broke loose, damned if we do damned of we don't
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't give a flying fuck about this game...and it's clear the players don't either.

Amazing how different a side we are with a few changes. Almost unrecognisable style of play. Barely looked like scoring and quite frankly appalling at the back. Fringe players should be busting a gut, but Yaya, Mangala and Danilo been dismal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.