Match Thread | Tottenham vs Man City (02/02/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today our players did nt have the intention to win. Tottenham did nothing, they did nt attack they got chances and converted there is something wrong with mentality of the team this year. Big games big players not performing. Where is king kevin. We lost because of midfield. What did rodri offfer. We could played young and fresh midfield of bernando and foden.
You seriously suggesting that they didn’t want to win

Lol. How times change. I’ve seen many City teams and this is one of the best.
Yes, exactly how times change. City are the richest club on the planet, one of the most expensive squads, best manager, yet we have lost 6 games this season already and are 22 points behind the leaders. All this crap "we used to be really shit" is complete bollocks, you judge the team of the day by the standards of the day and when you consider our resources, squad costs, salaries this season has been fucking disgraceful

It’s taken a few years but unfortunately teams have worked out a decent blueprint as to how to both frustrate and punish us.

Not sure new personnel will correct it. It seems to be getting stale and we are getting punished more for breaking up play which the entire system revolves around.

I feel dirty saying this but I wouldn’t be that gutted if Pep left in the summer as it will require more than a year to rebuild and change our approach and I don’t want another year like this if he’s only seeing out his contract.
I'm not sure this is entirely true.

Absorbing 14 shots, saving a penalty and relying on us missing easy chances, to create absolutely zero chances before we got a red card, is hardly the sign of a good blueprint.

Not so sure. That would mean we wouldn't be creating chances, which we are. Laporte has been a huge miss as we've not just lost him, we've lost Fernandinho in midfield. Sane is a bit of a miss also.

the Fernandinho argument is pointless as he’s 35 and we shouldn’t be relying on him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.