Match Thread | West Ham vs Man City Carabao (27/10/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1930s United were skint and shit, they nearly got relegated out of the league system completely at one point. City helped them out by voting against allowing Manchester Central into the league system and gave United some of our old kits because theirs were all tattered - ie, Rags.

My Grandad has always referred to United as the Rags. He’s 84. It seemed to disappear for a few decades but came back in the internet era
Fascinating ,never heard of Manchester Central FC

That’s putting a romantic and amusing spin on it but, as skint as they ever were they didn’t ever play in rags and that’s not where it comes from.
Even the most skint pub teams don’t play in rags and they were well supported locally in their time in Newton Heath where they’d drink in the railway after games sometimes.
Lol ok boss.

Our Kev needs a proper rest. Not a week, maybe a month. I think he's fucked.
Playing him as one of the two false nines, while expecting him to do the grunt work in midfield AFTER pressing, is like flogging your Rolls Royce around the Nurburgring!

He needs to be taken to Crewe and treated to a nice rest in the garage and done one on one time with some craftsmen who’ll bring him back to a new, good as new, shine.

All a bit too pedestrian at times, but WHU have an 8 man (+ keeper) block that we are struggling to break through.

I’d like to see Mahrez give us some width out right, as he’s playing a LOT of RM, inside forward, coming in on his left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.