Matchday help please

Even if your flight arrives on time, I would doubt you'll get to the ground in time for kick off. It's surprising how quickly 20-25 minutes can be lost at the airport, and that's without waiting for your bags to come through (if you have to do that as well, forget the first half). You might well end up getting away from Ringway around 3:45, 20 minute minimum taxi to the ground. If you don't mind me asking, why did you book a flight that was getting in so close to kick off time?

*Edit* Just noticed you posted about no bags while I was typing. That'll help, but it is still cutting it VERY fine.

Thanks again everyone. The only other flight in on Sunday was 8:30am so not practical with a 6 year old, too drawn out. If the little lady hadnt been with me id be there 3 hours before start as always lol.
We're in seat row 5 on the flight so close to the front. If it only takes 20/30 minutes by taxi then I'd be confident we'll make it.
Enjoy

Ed2607 said:
Thanks again everyone. The only other flight in on Sunday was 8:30am so not practical with a 6 year old, too drawn out. If the little lady hadnt been with me id be there 3 hours before start as always lol.
We're in seat row 5 on the flight so close to the front. If it only takes 20/30 minutes by taxi then I'd be confident we'll make it.
Enjoy
Trains 15.20 15.30 and 15.55 it takes about 15 mins and another 5 on the tram tick is £4 and faster than a taxi

andyhinch said:
Ed2607 said:
Enjoy
Trains 15.20 15.30 and 15.55 it takes about 15 mins and another 5 on the tram tick is £4 and faster than a taxi

Thanks for the info Andy but a taxi will be easier journey with the little girl. I think as its her first City match I'd like to make it as stress free as possible for her memories sake... And if that means missing blue moon I'm sure it'll be royally sang throughout the game...
She'll not sleep tonight that's for sure :-)

andyhinch said:
Ed2607 said:
Enjoy
If he's travelling over with a 6 year old, he'll do very well to get from Terminal 3 (assuming that's the one he's coming into, the one the budget airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair etc use) in 10 minutes if he's going to get the 15:20 train. That then means the 15:30 train with a 15 minute journey into town and a 5 minute tram ride/taxi trip. Cutting it very tight for time.

Ed2607 said:
andyhinch said:
Ed2607 said:
Enjoy

Thanks for the info Andy but a taxi will be easier journey with the little girl. I think as its her first City match I'd like to make it as stress free as possible for her memories sake... And if that means missing blue moon I'm sure it'll be royally sang throughout the game...

Taxi sounds more convenient, however it will have to battle its way through the traffic
If you can, get the train

Ed2607 said:
andyhinch said:
Ed2607 said:
Enjoy

Enjoy yourselves but I'd go for the train option the traffics a nightmare

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.