Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovacic has had an underwhelming season so far, but has shown so much quality both in previous seasons and in the world cup that I suspect under pep he'd thrive. Struggling to see who would possibly be having a good season in the current Chelsea mess, to be honest.

Personally. I think this would be a great option. Contract running out. Has top level experience won a UCL - did very good with Croatia. Played at Real. Think he’s always looked good at Chelsea perhaps they haven’t always utilised him to the best to his ability. He was the one I’ve liked from them - not Mount or Jorginho.

I would be hoping more a Philips replacement.
Sadly we won't be able to use Phillips as a makeweight in any deal to bring Lavia back because Phillips (understandably) won't want to play in the Championship, but Lavia, Kovacic and Bellingham replacing Phillips, Gundogan, and Bernardo wouldn't be the worst thing.

Sadly we won't be able to use Phillips as a makeweight in any deal to bring Lavia back because Phillips (understandably) won't want to play in the Championship, but Lavia, Kovacic and Bellingham replacing Phillips, Gundogan, and Bernardo wouldn't be the worst thing.
A drop off in creativity though.

He's a very good player but he will be 29 at the end of the season.
I prefer to sign younger midfielders.

I think he's tidy enough and can pick a pass, but I'd still have the same concerns over energy levels in the middle of the pitch. I'd much rather see someone with a good bit of energy and buzz who can get up and down the pitch and the ability to track runners and prevent counter attacks the way Fernandinho managed for most of his time with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.