Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he will struggle the first few weeks

He will have to get used to playing in a proper system where players know their roles and play for the good of the team rather than randomly heading upfield like an under 7s side

In all seriousness I'm really looking forward to seeing what Pep makes of him, not beyond imagination he adds to his scoring output and assists
Croatia are a very tactically astute side, very well coached and over achieving. A real team.
He’ll fit in just fine.

Croatia are a very tactically astute side, very well coached and over achieving. A real team.
He’ll fit in just fine.
You have to give new players time to settle in. You don't become good at your new job straight away.

Kovacic will be a very good signing when the games go by. Also he's experienced which is what we needed and what we paid for.

I welcome him to the best team in the land and all the world. Roll on the new season.

At least his wife likes Manchester :)

Atm he doesn`t have the goal threat but old dogs can learn...under Pep "old" Robben got a right foot & "old" Ilkay learnt to be more dangerous inside the box

Are you seriously comparing getting into our first team now, to doing so in 1984?
Of course not. That would be totally stupid. I’m talking about giving our youngsters a real chance to make the first team.

Very mixed reactions to this on their main forum. Some saying good riddance. Others think we've got a steal, and that Pep will improve him significantly.
I suppose, a bit like what happens when many of ours go. Impossible to judge him simply on this past season, in any case. The whole team has been in disarray. And if there's a worse-run club in the Premier League, I don't know of it.
Quite intrigued.

Ok as a squad signing, better than McAtee, but we need absolute top quality like Rice or similar, especially now Gundo has left.

Ok as a squad signing, better than McAtee, but we need absolute top quality like Rice or similar, especially now Gundo has left.
Really??? Gundo is a massive miss but Kovacic isn’t a mug. Great signing. Plus money being saved for Gvardiol who will be next hopefully. Rice would be £100 million at least.

He's an absolute steal for that price and a complete no trainer. To put it in context, Arsenal bought Havertz for 65m and he is absolutely dreadful.

Technically Kovacic is very good and a very tidy player. He's been very good for them in the past. He isn't the only one who's had a poor season at Chelsea. I guarantee Pep will make him into one of the best midfielders in Europe.

I’m excited by this.. posted on here a few times in premier league match threads that he is very, very good and will suit us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.