Mathematicians, what must be done to ensure Top 4?

Jumanji

I haven't seen the math on it yet, maybe its been done in some other thread but what fixtures must be won to ensure a top four finish?

Judging from the Spurs' remaining fixtures, could they really end up making it too close for comfort? I doubt it, but I've been wrong before. :P

Very simple .... Win all our remaining games and we are guaranteed Top 4 .... Draw with Spurs and win the rest also works

Come on City

With a game in hand on spuds, even if we god forbid lose to them, we still just have to equal them on points at the least. We would then win on goal dif. I believe. If im wrong someone correct me.

Win our last 3 home games and Blackburn away and it's job done, I really can't see Spurs getting the 16 points needed out of their remaining fixtures.

Arsenal...WIN
WBA...WIN
Chelsea...LOSE
Blackpoll...WIN
CITY...LOSE
Liverpool...WIN
Birmingham...WIN

15 points and that's being kind.

PoolHustler said:
Win our last 3 home games and Blackburn away and it's job done, I really can't see Spurs getting the 16 points needed out of their remaining fixtures.

Arsenal...WIN
WBA...WIN
Chelsea...LOSE
Blackpoll...WIN
CITY...LOSE
Liverpool...WIN
Birmingham...WIN

15 points and that's being kind.

Agreed, it is indeed a good time to be a blue, now lets avoid typical city loses and we will be golden.

The OP asked for a Mathematicians answer whereas some respondents are providing an Accountants answer

If you ask both professionals "what is 2 plus 2" then

... the Mathematician will say "4"

... the Accountant will say "what number did you have in mind"

Cheers

Mathmatically either 1 point more than 5th placed team (Tottenham), or if level points superior goal difference (virtually guaranteed)

I'm presuming we're not going to get overtaken on goal difference, so to use baseball terminology we currently have a magic number of 18.

That number will reduce whenever we gain points (1 for a draw, 3 for a win) or Spurs drop points (2 for a draw, 3 for a win). When the magic number reaches zero, we are guaranteed to finish ahead of them.

Beat Spurs and the magic number will drop by 6 straight away, so thats obviously a key one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.