Matheus Nunes

There's a good player there. He just doesn't fit our system. Would rather he went abroad and not do a cole palmer
Didn't stand out enough in the football I watched before he joined us and in the last 12 months he's not had a kick give or take dead rubbers so, no idea if there's a player there.

Pep not bringing him on at 3-1 up but, chucking him on at 4-1 with seconds then go suggests he's sending him a message that it's time to go.

Didn't stand out enough in the football I watched before he joined us and in the last 12 months he's not had a kick give or take dead rubbers so, no idea if there's a player there.

Pep not bringing him on at 3-1 up but, chucking him on at 4-1 with seconds then go suggests he's sending him a message that it's time to go.

Not sending him on at alll would have been clearer as a message, right?

If we were to sell him for what we paid for him I wouldn't be against it as long as we buy someone better. However, a loan makes 0 sense and I would rather give Matheus a chance here.

About what becomes of Nunes...at the moment he's not an impediment to anything we are trying to do. Anything we do between now and Friday's window closing is not dependent on his present or future status at City. We have enough money and space to buy anyone we want if we so desired. So if he goes or sticks around a bit longer does it really matter? Phillips had a specific role to fill and failed miserably while occupying a key roster spot. Cancelo became a huge detriment to the club in terms of his behavior. Nunes is not either of those...
Well yes it does. The longer he "sticks around" not playing, he becomes a depreciating asset, whilst adding to our wage bill.

You say Philips had a specific role to fill & failed miserably, so what specific role did we buy Nunes for, & how has he fared so far?

Whether we get a replacement for him or not, sometimes it's better to cut your losses & move on, & imo this would be best for City & Nunes. Evidently you disagree, as you seem to be OK with him potentially being sat around all season, with his transfer value & playing reputation plummeting.

Nunes isn't an EDS kid. He's a senior international player, & when he played last season in the absence of Rodri, he was seriously underwhelming.

With Rodri again missing on Saturday, Pep chose Stones & Gundog over Nunes in midfield, & only brought him on for 3 token minutes when we were 4-1 up at home, against a newly promoted side.

There are rumours about him leaving for a reason, & as yet City haven't denied the speculation or given public assurances that Nunes will feature prominently in Pep's plans for the season ahead.

Read the room mate...

Well yes it does. The longer he "sticks around" not playing, he becomes a depreciating asset, whilst adding to our wage bill.

You say Philips had a specific role to fill & failed miserably, so what specific role did we buy Nunes for, & how has he fared so far?

Whether we get a replacement for him or not, sometimes it's better to cut your losses & move on, & imo this would be best for City & Nunes. Evidently you disagree, as you seem to be OK with him potentially being sat around all season, with his transfer value & playing reputation plummeting.

Nunes isn't an EDS kid. He's a senior international player, & when he played last season in the absence of Rodri, he was seriously underwhelming.

With Rodri again missing on Saturday, Pep chose Stones & Gundog over Nunes in midfield, & only brought him on for 3 token minutes when we were 4-1 up at home, against a newly promoted side.

There are rumours about him leaving for a reason, & as yet City haven't denied the speculation or given public assurances that Nunes will feature prominently in Pep's plans for the season ahead.

Read the room mate...
I have. I'm just saying I'm not particularly bothered by him leaving or staying another 6 to 12 months. It's not a priority IMO...getting a second 9 is however a priority for me but I'm to understand we can just flip the switch in the case of Haaland going down and put Foden or Grealish in the 9 and off we go...Doku and Savinho haven't played in a false 9 system. Sterling's career went into the shitter when we went with that plan and Grealish sucked balls in his first year here in that system. Bernardo, Gundo, and KDB are all 3 years older from when they did it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.