Matheus Nunes

You'd have said the same thing about Nathan ake and Akanji using that criteria alone.
He’s just not that good mate, no idea why we went for him. He’s going to be trouble as well. Should never buy a player that goes on strike, says everything

Between rodri, kovacic, gundo, kdb, foden, Bernardo, mcatee we have 7 players for 3 positions. Oreily has been earmarked for more minutes too.

I never really took to him and I don't see where he plays. I'm not sure why he arrived back so late if he thought he had a chance of breaking in. There was an opportunity for him to get back early and nail down the starting position mcatee and oreily were playing in during preseason, but he came back with the rest of the Portuguese players, having played less throughout the season and barely at all in the euros.

If he goes and we sign a striker of sorts I really like the balance of the squad.

Leave him to Athleti if it be, I'd rather his inevitable improvement not bite us should he sign with a league rival. I still think we should keep him. He's only been here a season... we offered Kalvin at least twice as long.
In fairness, much of the time Kalvin has been with us, he's been unavailable due to injury. We also seem to have had enormous difficulty offloading him. Also, I'm not sure how we can say that Nunes's improvement is 'inevitable' should he stay. I'd be the first to say that players should be cut a little slack and given time to bed in; an obvious example being Ake who was slaughtered initially by many on this forum. However, where Nunes is concerned (and Phillips incidentally), they've had adequate opportunity in my opinion to show us what they're made of already but repeatedly failed to cut it. That said, he might not leave, he might indeed be offered further opportunities and, who knows, the player we hoped he was might emerge. We just don't know. As things stand though, I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him move on, particularly if it frees up a place for one of our own such as McAtee. Either way, I wish the lad well.

If Nunes stops losing the ball he has a good chance. Loaded with natural talent.

Phillips was an obvious mistake. I don’t see Nunes in the same category yet. A squad player at worst.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.