Matheus Nunes

As Nunes has barely played any meaningful minutes for us there is no obvious reason why he suddenly will become a lot better and Pep gives him a run of games where he can prove his worth. The die is cast on this one I have to say. It is now damage limitation as it's easy to say offload him for whatever we can get but the club won't be happy with a huge book loss after a season where we have booked a 10 mill plus amortisation charge plus his wages.

It really is baffling why we threw such big fee at him based on his career to date.

Nunes is talented but not sure where he fits with us. He’s a good dribbler, receives the ball well, takes up good positions and makes good runs, however his passing is not good enough so far, he’s not great defensively and a poor finisher.

I think he does some of things that Gundogan can do but not good enough in or around the opposition box or covering. He is probably better than most at carrying the ball forward like KDB but lacks the pass needed. He can play on the wings but not as well as Doku, Savinho, Foden, Grealish, Bobb or Bernardo. I think he would take game time from McAtee and offer far less in attack.

He’s a much better player than Phillips but it’s just really difficult to say where he fits into this City side.

Nunes is not a bad player, far from it. I just don't know if he will get enough game time with us, more-so with Gundo back and McAtee vying for a chance too.

If a club is willing to pay up and take him, I'd vote we sell.

I think City would sell if we got most of our money back but I’ve read some positive comments from Pep about him recently. Could be to attract buyers but I don’t think so and Nunes wants to prove himself.

He has had his season to adapt now. I don’t know, I just have the feeling that if Pep can work on his negatives his positives could be huge, particularly take ons through the middle.

As Nunes has barely played any meaningful minutes for us there is no obvious reason why he suddenly will become a lot better and Pep gives him a run of games where he can prove his worth. The die is cast on this one I have to say. It is now damage limitation as it's easy to say offload him for whatever we can get but the club won't be happy with a huge book loss after a season where we have booked a 10 mill plus amortisation charge plus his wages.

It really is baffling why we threw such big fee at him based on his career to date.
A "book loss" is never good but usually an inevitable result of a poor signing. If we could get 30m for a 50m investment after one year (meaning a 10m book loss) is still better long term than getting 20m after 3 years (and selling him without a book loss), since receiving 30m is more money in than 20m. It might be a book loss 10m when you sell but it would also be a cost cut for future years annual reports.

Sterling & Gallagher were two of the Chavs better players last season, but both are surplus to requirements for seemingly non-footballing reasons.

Given the choice of Nunes or Sterling, it'd be come home Raz. He's had a rude awakening at the peak of his career, & knows he has it all to prove again.

If he returned on reasonable wages & accepted a squad role, & was happy to scrap for his place, then why not?

As Pep said in his presser, City could feasibly be playing 70 matches this season. We're gonna need a bigger squad.
We have 4 wide players plus 2 more that can play there. Were not a retirement home for fading footballers.

A "book loss" is never good but usually an inevitable result of a poor signing. If we could get 30m for a 50m investment after one year (meaning a 10m book loss) is still better long term than getting 20m after 3 years (and selling him without a book loss), since receiving 30m is more money in than 20m. It might be a book loss 10m when you sell but it would also be a cost cut for future years annual reports.
Good points.

There are no good options as I posted so it really is a case of trying to find the least worst one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.