Matheus Nunes

As Nunes has barely played any meaningful minutes for us there is no obvious reason why he suddenly will become a lot better and Pep gives him a run of games where he can prove his worth. The die is cast on this one I have to say. It is now damage limitation as it's easy to say offload him for whatever we can get but the club won't be happy with a huge book loss after a season where we have booked a 10 mill plus amortisation charge plus his wages.

It really is baffling why we threw such big fee at him based on his career to date.
Although I'm not optimistic about Nunes, there have been quite a few players under Pep who have had pretty restricted minutes with limited success in their first season and have subsequently done a decent job.
Ake, Cancelo, Sane, Delph even Bernardo and Mahrez all made limited impressions at first.

Although I'm not optimistic about Nunes, there have been quite a few players under Pep who have had pretty restricted minutes with limited success in their first season and have subsequently done a decent job.
Ake, Cancelo, Sane, Delph even Bernardo and Mahrez all made limited impressions at first.
There's restricted minutes and restricted minutes. Nunes is on a par with Phillips as he has hardly had any. It will be the greatest comeback since Lazarus if he makes it with us....

Nunes has played one good game and hasn’t had a run so he’s not 100% trusted.

He’s not quality enough in my opinion.

He’s a top 4-8 league position team player.

I can’t see him going until January/next season. He has every right to stick it out another year, he might get the Phillips treatment in Jan and be loaned out but think he’s in a better place than where KP was here.

I can’t see him going until January/next season. He has every right to stick it out another year, he might get the Phillips treatment in Jan and be loaned out but think he’s in a better place than where KP was here.
He appears to be on the bench, save for domestic cup completions and Champions League ties against the weakest opponents, and his Premier League playing time is largely dependent on the starting eleven securing the three-goal cushion with which Guardiola feels comfortable before rotating. If that is the prognosis, then the longer he remains, the lower his value becomes, and the fewer the suitors.

He appears to be on the bench, save for domestic cup completions and Champions League ties against the weakest opponents, and his Premier League playing time is largely dependent on the starting eleven securing the three-goal cushion with which Guardiola feels comfortable before rotating. If that is the prognosis, then the longer he remains, the lower his value becomes, and the fewer the suitors.
Agreed but in terms of moving away he also has to agree to it. If someone bid 50m for him I’m sure the club would accept but he probably won’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.