Matheus Nunes

View attachment 129492
View attachment 129493

"Matheus Nunes' future at Manchester City is uncertain following the unexpected return of Ilkay Gundogan, with Liverpool among the interested parties.

The Portuguese international, who joined City from Wolves last year in a £54million deal, has found it difficult to make an impact under Pep Guardiola, managing only 17 league appearances last season.

Newcastle have been keeping an eye on his situation, but can only offer a loan deal at this stage of the window.

Liverpool and Chelsea showed interest earlier in the window, and now West Ham and Everton are also monitoring developments, with a loan offer and £40m option to buy being the most likely package.

As for Liverpool, they are the only side in Europe's top five leagues to have not made a single signing, with Arne Slot still waiting to usher in the first arrival of the new era at Anfield.

A midfielder could be targeted however, with a move for Martin Zubimendi collapsing after he decided to stay with Real Sociedad.

Manchester City Manager Pep Guardiola acknowledges that he can't promise Nunes anything more than a minor role this season, a situation made worse by the return of City's Treble-winning captain Gundogan."

View attachment 129494

I feel for any player when things aren't working out, but Nunes has never felt like the right fit for City imo. With Gundog's return & Doku, Grealish, Savio & Bobb allowing Foden & Bernardo to move into central midfield, it's hard to see where he fits in.

If he does leave, I hope it's soon which will allow us to find a replacement for Julian & Nunes before the window closes.

City are apparently still keen on Ezé, & Sterling's camp are sounding out options for him, including a cut-price return to the Etihad.

Could there be a swap deal for Sterling? A loan to Newcastle with an obligation to buy? A straight transfer to Liverpool, WHU? Or a transfer to Everton who are in dire need of reinforcements?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...whatsapp&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=channel
No way should we allow a loan with an option to buy. Should be a sale now or loan with a commitment to buy. Shouldn’t be doing that lot any favours.

We haven't given this lad a proper run yet and no this isn't the same as the Phillips situation.

To lose a young player with loads of potential after one year for a 1-2 year proposition like Gundogan would be shit business IMO. Don't mind him going on loan if it gets him game time for the purpose of coming back into the squad once Gundogan leaves again.

I can only call it as I see it, & the times I saw Sterling, he looked head & shoulders above the rest of the Chav squad, which wasn't hard considering their struggles.

They were probably hoping he'd have the impact of Palmer, but were ready to throw him under the bus when he didn't.

I wish Palmer no ill, but he was allowed a free rein last season where he benefitted to the detriment of the squad. It'll be interesting to see how he fares this season in a more rigid structure.

Ultimately, given the choice of Sterling or Nunes, I'd opt for Sterling every time, & twice on Sundays. Like Gundog, Raz may feel he has unfinished business at the Etihad & everything to prove.
No Thank You.

We have 12 midfielders. I can see him leaving as he can’t replace Rodri.

Doku;Jack
Savio;Bobb; Bernardo
KdB;Phil
Kova;Gundo; McAtee
Rodri;?

And Nunes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.