Matheus Nunes

We haven't given this lad a proper run yet and no this isn't the same as the Phillips situation.

To lose a young player with loads of potential after one year for a 1-2 year proposition like Gundogan would be shit business IMO. Don't mind him going on loan if it gets him game time for the purpose of coming back into the squad once Gundogan leaves again.

Got to agree. There is a player in there he just needs to believe he’s good enough in his head.

Do we want the smallest squad ever in the Premier league. We can't afford to lose any more players except for Cancelo, getting rid of Nunes as well would be utter madness
Yes it would be madness, but also our bench on Saturday had Ortega, Walker, Ake, Stones, Gundogan, McAtee, Grealish and Nunes

That doesn't include Rodri & Foden, 2 of our best (also Bobb but he's a long term injury but he'll be back this year)

Our squad is small, but it's amazing

Also, doesn't this give a chance for the youth players, like Rico, Bobb, McAtee, O'Reilly etc. A route to the first team

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should lose Nunes and we'd need a new body, but the size of the squad seems intentional and it's getting boring that for 3 years now everyone keeps talking about the squad size being too small while we win literally everything available to us

Yes it would be madness, but also our bench on Saturday had Ortega, Walker, Ake, Stones, Gundogan, McAtee, Grealish and Nunes

That doesn't include Rodri & Foden, 2 of our best (also Bobb but he's a long term injury but he'll be back this year)

Our squad is small, but it's amazing

Also, doesn't this give a chance for the youth players, like Rico, Bobb, McAtee, O'Reilly etc. A route to the first team

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should lose Nunes and we'd need a new body, but the size of the squad seems intentional and it's getting boring that for 3 years now everyone keeps talking about the squad size being too small while we win literally everything available to us
As Guardiola pointed out, City could feasibly play up to 70 games this season. We're gonna need a bigger squad.

We have a bigger squad than last year already
By bigger squad, I also take Pep's comments to mean filled with players he'll use. As things stood, that counted out Philips, Cancelo & mostly Nunes.

This season seems to be make or break for McAtee too. He's shown flashes for Sheffield Utd, but has yet to properly prove himself as a PL standard player.

Nico O'Reily is promising, but he's not ready for proper man football across a full season. Add in injuries, suspension, the necessary rotation & cover for Haaland & possibly Rodri, a couple of high quality additions could make all the difference.

They say you never know what you've got until it's gone, & this can be said with City & Gundog. At times last season, we were crying out for Ilkay's control & goal scoring ability, but one of his replacements was Nunes.

With Gundog here last season, I think we'd have beaten Real in the CL & seen off the Rags in the FA Cup Final too.

We haven't given this lad a proper run yet and no this isn't the same as the Phillips situation.

To lose a young player with loads of potential after one year for a 1-2 year proposition like Gundogan would be shit business IMO. Don't mind him going on loan if it gets him game time for the purpose of coming back into the squad once Gundogan leaves again.
Young? He's 26 mate and hasn't shown much when given an opportunity.

He's more likely to flourish in a team where he's playing regularly and that's not us.

I'd take 40 million for him and take the relatively small hit as he's never getting a regular place in our team.

I'm hoping we're watching the progress of the lad at Palace (Wharton) and use whatever we get back for Nunes towards bringing him in next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.