Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was Garcia who got the comparisons, not Ferna. But I still think fans need to give Phillips another season before they start writing him off. The lad was quality before joining us, and then having missed most of the season with injuries
If you mean last season playing for us then he was back at the start on November after shoulder surgery so hardly most of the season. He did miss 3 months in his last season at Leeds but that was with a hamstring issue which was fully resolved given the minutes he played until the end of their season. I don't think he should get the pass for having an injury blighted season when it's just not true.

Yeah, it was Garcia who got the comparisons, not Ferna. But I still think fans need to give Phillips another season before they start writing him off. The lad was quality before joining us, and then having missed most of the season with injuries
Think the issue is that Pep won’t give him a chance, he must know what he wants

Also take in the fact he came back from the World Cup overweight and the fact that he seems to just be content sat on the bench

Everytime he seems to get a chance he seems not arsed

compare him to Rico or Cole who grasped their chance with both hands

He needs to go but I feel he is happy and content staying as a bit part player being paid a great deal of money picking up medals which you can’t blame him but not good for us

From a pesonal point of view I hope he plays and plays well. But the people he has to convince at the moment aren't his critcs or supporters in the fan base it's the coaching staff. In alll honesty we have such a small sample size to base any judement of him on. But he's barely getting any game time and that is unusual in a relatively midpriced new signing.

Could be BS, but I think we will bid again.

Course we will mate! Pep wants him no doubt and Wolves are not in any position to ask for Paqueta numbers? They actually need players in so they could use the cash or even take Doyle (who they are interested in anyway) and THB plus maybe £30m?

Course we will mate! Pep wants him no doubt and Wolves are not in any position to ask for Paqueta numbers? They actually need players in so they could use the cash or even take Doyle (who they are interested in anyway) and THB plus maybe £30m?
Yeah, I personally think this will get done quickly. Tolmie said it should be easy enough to do. Either around £55, or as you suggest, a player + cash deal.

Think the issue is that Pep won’t give him a chance, he must know what he wants

Also take in the fact he came back from the World Cup overweight and the fact that he seems to just be content sat on the bench

Everytime he seems to get a chance he seems not arsed

compare him to Rico or Cole who grasped their chance with both hands

He needs to go but I feel he is happy and content staying as a bit part player being paid a great deal of money picking up medals which you can’t blame him but not good for us
People know when their rewards are merited - even if they're loathe to admit it - everyone knows that none of his medals from last season were earned (although I may be wrong, and he may be a Scott Carson style bonus on the personality front).

You would have though that a once first choice England international would - after the weight mistake of his first season, and the subsequent effect on his opportunities - come back all guns blazing this season to prove a point.

But it'd seem that point hasn't been proved, not just in the pre-season friendlies in which he was absolutely f*cking terrible, but also in training sessions as Pep didn't even use him at any point during the European Super Cup OR Newcastle games & is now looking for other midfield options who play how he is supposed to.

If he's happy, then cool, but you'd think that professional pride will eventually kick in (even if its at the end of this season) and he'll move on, 'cos he ain't getting anywhere near our team on anything he's shown so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.