Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trudging is a great word. I have found the transfer forum very repetitive with a lot of annoying “look at me” wankers trying to fill the @tolmie's hairdoo void.

This is what happened when he left:

-:)

I like gormless myself. Always wondered what the opposite of gormless is? Gormful? Not having any gorm? Gorm not in the dictionary though.

This is one of the reasons I moved to USA. On the west coast at least the vast majority encourage and laud success and try to pick you up in the event of failure.
Far better than the twisted and bitter UK approach of keying the nice car and stamping into The dirt anyone who is having a hard time.
Americans are cheesy no doubt, but far more supportive. They also share their success stories. In the UK if you are onto a good thing the very idea of sharing it is anathema but in the US you tell as many people as possible how to achieve the same success. Only thing I really miss apart from family back home is the ability to go to the games.

Exactly why I love America .....for.that exact reason

If I could i.woukd move there tomorrow

This is one of the reasons I moved to USA. On the west coast at least the vast majority encourage and laud success and try to pick you up in the event of failure.
Far better than the twisted and bitter UK approach of keying the nice car and stamping into The dirt anyone who is having a hard time.
Americans are cheesy no doubt, but far more supportive. They also share their success stories. In the UK if you are onto a good thing the very idea of sharing it is anathema but in the US you tell as many people as possible how to achieve the same success. Only thing I really miss apart from family back home is the ability to go to the games.
Its not all nice. There's a lot of greed there and the system enforces the division between rich and poor

Its not all nice. There's a lot of greed there and the system enforces the division between rich and poor
That's true in most countries, but you're right, its exaggerated here.
Septics also like to brag about their success more, but the whole society is geared towards 'make the best of it yourself'.

Jesus fella; I always had you down as one of the more rational/less irrational (you choose) posters on here. But seriously? Disarray? The only team in the PL with maximum points after 3 games, and another European trophy to fit into the trophy cabinet. If that's your idea of disarray, I don't know what you made of the 1990s!
Tbf they’d have had KDB replaced for JWP a year or so ago so that latest post is positively sane…

That's true in most countries, but you're right, its exaggerated here.
Septics also like to brag about their success more, but the whole society is geared towards 'make the best of it yourself'.
I feel like it's more of a middle class vs working class thing rather than a British vs American thing. Working classes definitely love to slag off anyone who's outwardly trying to better themselves and succeeding. Like Jim Royle. Usually a sign of their own insecurity. I've definitely heard black American comedians talk about this in particular.

We wanted Bellingham. We wanted Rice. They both went elsewhere.
We didn't have a plan C after that. We've been in disarray since KDB got hurt, neither Nunes nor Paqueta are 'elite' players imo.
Either Maddison or Ward-Prowse would have been a better signing than Nunes or Paqueta.
All about opinions of course, but I think we missed the bus midfield-wise this window.
We also wanted maguire, sanchez, van persie etc etc etc. its just not how we work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.