Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a stretch to say he chips in with goals! 1 goal in 41 games in England.

To be fair, more possession and in higher areas will naturally breed more chances to score. Look at Rodders. He could've had 2 or 3 yesterday just by being pushed up the pitch an extra 10 yards.

Plus Nunes has a thunderbastard on him, I wouldn't be surprised if he chips in with at least 5 goals this season if he comes here.

We both rate Kovacic extremely highly, so I will use him as an example again. A lot of Chelsea fans considered him "useless." They thought he was the sort of player who doesn't do much, with basically no assists/goals. We both know such a take is absolutely ridiculous and couldn't be further from the truth. Some Chelsea fans knew that. In the same manner, some Wolves fans recognise that Nunes will be a much better fit for us. Like with Kovacic at Chelsea, I think Nunes doesn't fit Wolves. Similarly, Rico Lewis wouldn't fit any of the physical, "defend with 11 men behind the ball" teams, etc. Of course, I understand you don't see it that way, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nobody knows how Nunes will turn out. I hope he will prove you wrong, though.
Ive only heard Chelski fans rate him highly

He’s young so could be moulded into an excellent box to box midfielder for Pep but not a big fan me

Nothing wrong with his profile, just not seen much creativity or anything he offers differently to Kova who is world class. But if there’s anything we’re all about quality in depth so him allowing likes of Kova or Rodri to get rested/rotated is good news.

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum and first of just want to say thanks for having me. I am a Sporting CP fan and big follower of the Portuguese league and Portuguese players in general. City have a big Portuguese contingency in the squad these last few years and I hope to bring that to the forum, With that being said and having watched Matheus Nunes from the moment he broke into our first team and now I would like to share my opinion not this possible transfer.

Nunes joined Wolves last season towards the end of the window due to Sporting needing to money however it was ever Nunes intention to leave the club. In fact he wanted to stay at Sporting and he even initially rejected the first Wolves approach. The Wolves move was a horrible transfer for him as the club is in dire shape and although he had a underwhelming season by the standard of which I have seen him, he still showed various moments of quality throughout the season. In fact you can look at the game vs United this season at Old Trafford where he absolutely ran rings around everyone in the midfield. With that being said I am going to give an analysis on him based on his last season at Sporting (21-22) as that is the player I believe City will be geting and what I believe he can bring to Manchester City. There is a reason Pep was so fond of Matheus Nunes after our class in 21-22 and Sporting have a solid track record of providing top player to this league. Look no further then Palhinha who deserves a big transfer soon and Bruno Fernandes from the other side of Manchester

PLAYSTYLE: Matheus Nunes is a old fashioned high energy Box to Box midfielder who never stops running the full length of the pitch and is a press resistant player who completed 3.19 dribbles per 90 and boasted a 86% pass accuracy in the 2021/2022 season. A Interesting stat for Nunes that season is that he completed more dribbles (85) then shots, key passes and interceptions combined (75). Blessed with brilliant technical ability especially in tight spaces and a fantastic passing range it is no wonder why his skill set is so sought after. Nunes played in the CM role in Sporting's 5-2-3 set up and he is the one responsible for driving the ball forward for Sporting and his high energy means he also helps out defensively to good effect. He created and scored various opportunities by driving in late or pushing forward from the midfield. Matheus Nunes is very quick for a midfielder and his deceptive body feints allow him to create space needed to execute a pin point pass to his teammates. Matheus Nunes has also bulked up significantly and has begun to fill out his tall frame which makes him more imposing on the pitch whilst still being his elegant best with the football. Matheus Nunes always possessed a natural football ability which is what caught the eye of the Sporting scouts but what was lacking was the in game understanding and tactical awareness which has been heavily improved thanks to extensive work by Amorim. His natural ability along with the fact he is still learning the game means that Pep sees a player who he can mold into the exact player he wants in the City midfield. Additionally Nunes is versatile enough to play in a wide midfield role if City ever needed to overload the midfield. He is a press resistant player who is able to carry the ball up the field in stride. He is still young enough to mold and develop and is someone who would be a great addition to a City team who is looking to add younger quality players.

STRENGTHS: Technical ability, Passing long and short, Stamina, Shot power, Dribbling, Strength

WEAKNESSES: Heading, Shooting, Defensive Consistency and Awareness, End Product (lack of goals or assists)

I am not sure if he will be an instant starter but I have no doubt that he has the ability to eventually be a starting midfielder at Manchester City. In my opinion this would be a great piece of business by Manchester City.

To be fair, more possession and in higher areas will naturally breed more chances to score. Look at Rodders. He could've had 2 or 3 yesterday just by being pushed up the pitch an extra 10 yards.

Plus Nunes has a thunderbastard on him, I wouldn't be surprised if he chips in with at least 5 goals this season if he comes here.
Part of the problem for me is that in his time at Wolves, he's had absolutely zero end product.

My wolves mate (here I go again) says they compare him to Adama Traore in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.