Matija Nastasić

johnmc said:
aguero93:20 said:
johnmc said:
So if he's widely regarded as such there would be a) numerous articles saying this b) a number of clubs after his signature c) far better performances from him and d) he wouldn't be 4th choice at any club.
He's 21. Very few top centre halves are first choice at a top club at that age. There are a number of clubs in for him. Just because the English rag newspapers are staffed by know nowt fuckwits who think Phil Jones is the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean nobody rates Nastasic. His performances were fine before a season disrupted by injury, both in Mancini's and Pellegrini's systems.

If he was one of the best young centre halves he'd be getting more game time. Granted he may have had injuries. I've nothing against him. He looks decent when playing with VK. But he looks suspect with any other partner. Hand on heart now have you seen him have a good game when not with VK.

I'd keep him seeing as Rekik is off on loan obviously but it's a big year for him in my eyes. Do you envisage him taking VK or Mangalas place in the next 2/3 years because I can't.

When VK was 21 he wasn't a regular in a top 4 prem team , not even close. Nasty will have a very big part to play over the next couple of years as you need more than two quality CB's to compete on all fronts. Time will tell I guess.

If Nasty leaves I can't help but feel it seems a bit short-sighted, going against the fantastic long term planning that is going on within the club these days.

My point is what happens when MDM moves on next season - as per prior to the Mangala signing we will be crying out for another quality young defender.

If he wants to move then fine, but lets not forget how many games we will have to play this season. A fit Nastasic will certainly have his share of game time, without any doubt.

City Square said:
If Nasty leaves I can't help but feel it seems a bit short-sighted, going against the fantastic long term planning that is going on within the club these days.

My point is what happens when MDM moves on next season - as per prior to the Mangala signing we will be crying out for another quality young defender.

If he wants to move then fine, but lets not forget how many games we will have to play this season. A fit Nastasic will certainly have his share of game time, without any doubt.

This, all day long!

Just as he becomes an Over 21, MDM will be leaving, so it is a natural "slide" in, with Rekik coming back from his loan move. We will then have our back four settled for the next 4 years, with both anasty and Rekik learning their trade with one of the best teams in the world. In addition, don't forget that they can BOTH play full back and in a three man back line. They are both good on the ground and yet a good size, with decent speed. Not a lot of those players around the world for under £25M these days!! Good, smart business being done by good, smart businessmen!

ChicagoBlue said:
City Square said:

This, all day long!

Just as he becomes an Over 21, MDM will be leaving, so it is a natural "slide" in, with Rekik coming back from his loan move. We will then have our back four settled for the next 4 years, with both anasty and Rekik learning their trade with one of the best teams in the world. In addition, don't forget that they can BOTH play full back and in a three man back line. They are both good on the ground and yet a good size, with decent speed. Not a lot of those players around the world for under £25M these days!! Good, smart business being done by good, smart businessmen!

Decent pace eh? One is much quicker than the other for a start ( but not quick). There are plenty of players around who can do what they do.

You have hardly ever seen either of them playing fullback by the way.

I don't think we will sell him this summer but probably will next summer unless he makes big improvements this season.

Next year, Rekik and Denayer will have had another year's experience and will overtake him in the pecking order if he isn't careful.

Neville Kneville said:
ChicagoBlue said:
City Square said:

This, all day long!

Decent pace eh? One is much quicker than the other for a start ( but not quick). There are plenty of players around who can do what they do.

You have hardly ever seen either of them playing fullback by the way.

He makes Johnny Evans look like Beckenbauer.......

Hmmm stop harping back to his first season under Mancini people - We're playing a totally different game now and require quick, agressive, front foot defenders ..... Nastasic for me doesn't tick those boxes, thats the problem - I hope he can prove me wrong but watching the pre-season games he looked very passive to me and average, I'm sorry to say it he seems like a honest lad .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.