Matt Smith

I think he’s better than the Belgian League - Villa would be a great loan for him for example.
I agree,a sterner test is now needed.He has proven he can play consistently against players of a certain standard,so making a sideways step to the Belgian league will not see him progress and develop as he now should be.

Think it has to be remembered that Twente Enschede played in and won the Eerste Divisie not the Eredivisie, which Ajax won, so it's a little unfair to see the Belgian First Division as directly comparable. Far better to have a full season of games at Anderlecht, where Kompany will presumably be pushing for the title/Champions League qualifying spot, than a handful of games at somewhere like Villa or Derby.

I think he’s better than the Belgian League - Villa would be a great loan for him for example.
Villa do not have the luxury of being able to do us a favor of developing Matt. They are likely going to get tanked every week which isn't great for development.

I think Anderlecht would be a great season loan as they also have another young Welsh international there in James Lawrence so that would help him settle. If Vinny also wants to play the City way as he has indicated it would be ideal. The top tier Belgian league is not to be sniffed at and Anderlecht are the biggest team in Belgium. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few others go there either on second loans or initial loans. Tosin for example or that USA keeper we purchased Zak Steffen and Erik Palmer Brown. Lukas Nmecha and Patrick Roberts would be good options too especially as Bolasie has returned to Villa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.