Matthijs de Ligt

Also, Pep's football won't work in the prem. And if he thinks he doesn’t need to teach tackling or one-on-one combat in training then he’ll be going back to Spain with his tail between his legs (с) Stan C.

Pique is one of the best players of his generation mate.

I
Opinions mate.

But watch the Liverpool goals back in the CL game at Anfield.

Got his ring given to him for the goals and his general play was abysmal throughout.

That game was turned into a ‘premier league’ game- fast, physical, in your face.

He didn’t / couldn’t handle it.

Rabbit in the headlights.

My point was, he wouldn’t look so good in this country. More often than not he has it easy in La Liga and as we know, that doesn’t happen that often here.

He's been quite shit this nations league to be honest. Doesn't look like as confident as he was in the CL
Agree.
He is undoubtedly talented and may go on to be a worldie. However, for now its not apparent why he seems to justify the high transfer fee and high praise. I saw a similar performance to the one he had against Spurs. A lot to do with his age I suppose. However, it's the second time I've seen him run ragged, be in disciplined by getting dragged out of position too easily, creating space for the opposition. He seems a good player but no where near worth the hype he appears to get in comparison to his peers.

You know your post earlier about VVD being shielded by the system?

Your concept applies to this kid too.

You can’t have it both ways son.
Aplogies. Not sure what u mean about both waysvbut totally agree with you. I'm not even sure he looks as though he is even suited to a more defensive set up where he is shielded, because hes looked a bit rash or impulsive when I've seen him. He got pulled apart by Portugal tonight. I've said in an earlier post that his temperament reminds me of David Luis when things are going tough. David in the world Cup against Germany when Brazil got hammered. was flying around all over the place when the situation required a disciplined calmer head. He's good don't get me wrong but he looked 19 out there tonight there was a lot of experience in that Portugal team that took advantage.

The PSG stuff happened with Frenkie as well. Probably pushed by Barca for PR purposes
In fact, de Jong was really close to sign to PSG. He said it himself.

Barça made a last minute flight to Amsterdam and sealed the deal with an improved offer for both the player and the club. As Barça was his first choice, if money and playing time conditions were sorted, it is a logical end to his saga.

I expect a de Jong 2.0 with de Ligt. He will join his friend there.

I can see it too van dyke will be brainwashing him and inducting him into the cult while they’re on international duty no doubt
If tonight's pairing of the two is anything to go by. I hope he does sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.