Matthijs de Ligt

My father in law says it's always a story about money and that applies to just about everything, including football and even Barcelona. There are dubious practices pretty much across the board with some exceptions - even at Barcelona it is very dependent on the board in place. The current one of Barto & Rosell are no doubt crooked and while I loved/preferred Laporta his still had shady aspects (Although far fewer IMO). Most importantly, for me, Laporta clearly loves the club and believes in the philosophy/vision of Cruyff. I have yet to see any big/rich entity handle themselves without dubious/shady transactions - this is not to excuse it but recognize it is a reality. The closest thing to the way I prefer a club to be run is currently City tbh and that's recognizing as well that few can match their approach simply because while they have to be mindful of FFP they are not bound by financial constraints or losing money like every other club in the world. So it's not reality either

I have & had no issue with what happened with Neymar when he/PSG bought out the contract at Barcelona. Tebas is a clown so no point in lumping him in with Barcelona

My father in law says it's always a story about money and that applies to just about everything, including football and even Barcelona. There are dubious practices pretty much across the board with some exceptions - even at Barcelona it is very dependent on the board in place. The current one of Barto & Rosell are no doubt crooked and while I loved/preferred Laporta his still had shady aspects (Although far fewer IMO). Most importantly, for me, Laporta clearly loves the club and believes in the philosophy/vision of Cruyff. I have yet to see any big/rich entity handle themselves without dubious/shady transactions - this is not to excuse it but recognize it is a reality. The closest thing to the way I prefer a club to be run is currently City tbh and that's recognizing as well that few can match their approach simply because while they have to be mindful of FFP they are not bound by financial constraints or losing money like every other club in the world. So it's not reality either

I have & had no issue with what happened with Neymar when he/PSG bought out the contract at Barcelona. Tebas is a clown so no point in lumping him in with Barcelona

The biggest difference, City are owned by people who have a 50 year plan in place, Barcelona have presidents who need an almost instant success to create their own legacy.
The biggest mis conception about adug by people like yourself is that losses or financial failure is acceptable, that is not so.

The biggest difference, City are owned by people who have a 50 year plan in place, Barcelona have presidents who need an almost instant success to create their own legacy.
The biggest mis conception about adug by people like yourself is that losses or financial failure is acceptable, that is not so.

Sounds like your misconception

The closest thing to the way I prefer a club to be run is currently City tbh and that's recognizing as well that few can match their approach simply because while they have to be mindful of FFP they are not bound by financial constraints or losing money like every other club in the world.

Sounds like your misconception

It's really not...

Add-ons should be around €10m according to them.
If what Di Marzio says is true, I hope we're doing this push-pull stuff with Ajax because we're sure of our position, probably because we've already reached an agreement with the player. I'd hate to lose this signing just because we started nitpicking over the offer. Fair play to them if they succeed in buying him for less than €75m (+ add-ons) though.
Yeah, Juventus wouldn't try to lowball Ajax if they weren't certain to have secured the player agreement.

The most tedious story this summer. Seen reporters all over the place saying he's "agreed terms" with about 5 clubs so far yet nobody's agreed anything with Ajax.

I hope De ligt does the right thing and goes to China !

Adding De Ligt would be the icing on the cake in this window and would form a partnership with Laporte for years ...... A spine for years of Ederson, Laporte/De Ligt ,Rodri and Jesus

Tolmie did say that de ligt camp were in touch with city a while back, but it's been quiet now for a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.