On This Day May 11th 1991:The Noise is Incredible.Limbs Are Everywhere:

Are the City fans who go on, and on, and bloody on about how brilliant Sunderland fans were in 1991 at Maine Road and 2014 at Wembley related to those City fans who cry at the mere mention of Luton and Spurs?
We certainly didn’t like Luton back then. I remember at least one chant of ‘We hate Luton’ on the Kippax that day.
However, winning the game and finishing above the rags for the first time in over a decade was a big thing back then.
Not such an unusual occurrence these days of course….

I was still in my relative youth and lived in Sunderland at the time, we'd drove to 12 away games that year...but nobody was driving to this...
I was.in the Platt Lane end, and Gabbiadini's equaliser would have hit me square in the face had it not hit the net...
My group of 8 got the 6am train down from Durham, red hot day, loads of drink, fantastic atmosphere and noise from both fans, we were gutted, but still great craic after the match, city fans bought us drinks all night until we returned on the 9.30pm train, pissed, sad, yet proud, and on the face of it, an amazing day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.