May 13th feature in The Times today.

i thought it was over as soon as Nasri let the ball run out for a throw to them. And i still want Sergio to have gone down, it was a definite penalty and to stay on his feet and remain cool was incredible. The guy is a joke of a footballer.

jimharri said:
Sky are screening a programme showing all the drama of that glorious day on boxing day at 8am on SS2.
Iv ditched my sky subscription but i will get it back just for that

jimharri said:
Sky are screening a programme showing all the drama of that glorious day on boxing day at 8am on SS2.

Going to make a personal target to stop crying by mid day on Boxing day then. With luck the tears resulting from reading this superb article will also have stopped by then!

There should be a city song about crying the blues!!

blue44 said:
Carla Kompany, wife of Vincent: It was an incredible feeling, up there with the best feelings I’ve ever experienced in my whole life – to be politically correct I have to say up there with the birth of my daughter and my wedding! My celebrations weren’t just as a wife supporting my husband in his career, but also as a lifelong City fan. When Sergio scored I ran right over to his wife and we hugged, jumped and cried together – that was the first time we had ever interacted!

Didn't know that.

Mark Hughes (QPR manager): In all my time in football, I had never heard a noise like it when that goal went in. It hurt my ears.

When you consider he's played in numerous cup finals for United, won the league with them at Old Trafford, played for Wales in Cardiff, Barcelona in the Nou Camp and for Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium in Munich, that is some statement.

paulchapo said:
Mark Hughes (QPR manager): In all my time in football, I had never heard a noise like it when that goal went in. It hurt my ears.
quote]

Given that Leslie played for Utd, Barcelona & Bayern, this is quite something for him to say.

But then again, none of those clubs had been building-up to that moment for 44 years !

Jordie said:
blue44 said:
Carla Kompany, wife of Vincent: It was an incredible feeling, up there with the best feelings I’ve ever experienced in my whole life – to be politically correct I have to say up there with the birth of my daughter and my wedding! My celebrations weren’t just as a wife supporting my husband in his career, but also as a lifelong City fan. When Sergio scored I ran right over to his wife and we hugged, jumped and cried together – that was the first time we had ever interacted!

Didn't know that.

She's a Mancunian, I think she was called Carla Higgs before she got married. I imagine he met her after joining the club. Certainly ties him to the city which, in turn, makes it unlikely he'll "want another challenge" and move on any time soon.

I'm not an overly emotional person, I don't cry really (unless I get a football in the groin, but that's allowed) but that day I was mighty close, and many of those around me were blubbering wrecks. Every time I see clips of that day, or read an article like this one, it brings back the raw emotion of it all and I can feel the tears welling up again.

Prestwich_Blue was a sobbing baby.

He met his wife before moving to City from that Dutch doco.

That phrase she uses "to be politically correct" is almost word for word the same as VK used in an interview after the game.

It's a few months since I wrote it but I suppose this would be a good time to post a link to this for those of you happily reliving the events of 13/05/12 today: <a class="postlink" href="http://totallywiredblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/this-is-how-it-feels.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://totallywiredblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ... s.html?m=1</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.