Maybe i was wrong about Elano

Prestwich_Blue said:
A very disingenuous, politicians reply and you don't seek to debate the very detailed points I made. We were top 4 at Xmas weren't we? Getting us to 9th from there wasn't what I'd call "doing well". Let me give you some more figures about the first half of last season.

Getting us to 9th was doing well. It's irrelevant whether we started well and dropped off, or struggled at the start and did well in the second half. Disingenuous, politicians reply? FFS, it was just an honest answer to a loaded question.

Getting 9th with his squad of (apparently) unmanageable, championship calibre players was a good job.

BillyShears said:
Why don't you ask Ric if you and Moomba can have your own forum where you can stand face to face and circle jerk over pictures of Elano and Sven...whilst throwing darts at pictures of Hughes in a United shirt...

Wow, go away for a few hours and you're still posting about me. Perhaps we do need a separate forum.

As for Elano, I've said that if Hughes wants to get rid he should do so. No secret that I like him as a player, and I think he has a lot to offer if a top class manager can get the best out of it.

Sven, was one of the 70% who didn't want him. Was very impressed with his demeanour while he was at the club. Was proud that he was our manager. In a poll on here a few weeks ago said that I didn't want him back as manager.

Hughes, don't care that he played for them. Cheered Cole, cheered the Goat, cheered Cooke and Schmeichel. Not arsed that he's a twat that played for the rags. Not happy that he's a twat that is the manager of our club.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good sulk. And you have a go at me about honesty and integrity, ha ha ha.

moomba said:
Wow, go away for a few hours and you're still posting about me. Perhaps we do need a separate forum.

Everybody loves a comedy villain, and you my disingenuous friend, are it...;- )

As for Elano, I've said that if Hughes wants to get rid he should do so. No secret that I like him as a player, and I think he has a lot to offer if a top class manager can get the best out of it.

Like I said...waiting on Mourinho, Benitez, Wenger, Ferguson, et al to come and pinch the little maestro off us...;- )

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good sulk. And you have a go at me about honesty and integrity, ha ha ha.

Did you manage to find the article confirming Chelsea's bid for Walcott prior to the summer of 2005...;- )

BTW, if you close your eyes and scream at the top of your lungs "Billy Shears is a lying sulker" it still won't make it true...its just going to make your head hurt more...

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
Why don't you ask Ric if you and Moomba can have your own forum where you can stand face to face and circle jerk over pictures of Elano and Sven...whilst throwing darts at pictures of Hughes in a United shirt...

Sven, was one of the 70% who didn't want him. Was very impressed with his demeanour while he was at the club. Was proud that he was our manager. In a poll on here a few weeks ago said that I didn't want him back as manager.

Hughes, don't care that he played for them. Cheered Cole, cheered the Goat, cheered Cooke and Schmeichel. Not arsed that he's a twat that played for the rags. Not happy that he's a twat that is the manager of our club.

That guy is a complete cock and his quoted post reminds me exactly why I put him on my ignore list :/

BillyShears said:
Like I said...waiting on Mourinho, Benitez, Wenger, Ferguson, et al to come and pinch the little maestro off us...;- )

Not sure I ever suggested the best clubs in the world needed Elano.

Did you manage to find the article confirming Chelsea's bid for Walcott prior to the summer of 2005...;- )

Haven't looked yet, have been out. Now cooking dinnner.

BTW, if you close your eyes and scream at the top of your lungs "Billy Shears is a lying sulker" it still won't make it true...its just going to make your head hurt more...

I don't think about you that much to be honest. Seems to be more your sort of thing.

Dr.Faustus said:
And do not forget for a second who wrote this article... If you don't know him yet read some of the other various threads on his "handy work"; (aka pathetic journalism).

16 pages of squabbling about Elano, do you think maybe this divisive red "journalist" is getting his own way?

Dr.Faustus said:
Dr.Faustus said:
And do not forget for a second who wrote this article... If you don't know him yet read some of the other various threads on his "handy work"; (aka pathetic journalism).

16 pages of squabbling about Elano, do you think maybe this divisive red "journalist" is getting his own way?

it's basically a continuation of the same thing that has been printed in several papers and occasionally backed up by people here over the last few months.

Anyone else question whether Elano's free kicks in the last two games were bad because he can no longer take free kicks or because he was 'perhaps' taking them badly on purpose ? They were quite possibly the worst free kicks I have ever seen.

Was Hammans throw-in straight to a Forest player (and across our own box which 'anyone' who has played football knows is a complete no no) also potentially done deliberately ?

Of course nothing at all on which to base this on other than these two have been identified as two of the trouble causers.

Of course the players loved Sven they got to do whatever the f*ck they liked. I'd love my manager if I could swan off for a two hour lunch break and invite the missus into the office in the afternoon.

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
A very disingenuous, politicians reply and you don't seek to debate the very detailed points I made. We were top 4 at Xmas weren't we? Getting us to 9th from there wasn't what I'd call "doing well". Let me give you some more figures about the first half of last season.

Getting us to 9th was doing well. It's irrelevant whether we started well and dropped off, or struggled at the start and did well in the second half. Disingenuous, politicians reply? FFS, it was just an honest answer to a loaded question.

Getting 9th with his squad of (apparently) unmanageable, championship calibre players was a good job.
It was just about acceptable at best imho. The point I was making was that it relied very heavily on Elano's early season performances and Johnson's. Once those two were out of the picture then the "usual suspects" (excluding Hamann) were awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.