MCFC OS: 3 players released (Merged)

shinpads

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/June/Out-of-contract-trio-leave-Blues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... eave-Blues</a>

no surprises really

Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani are senior players who will leave City this summer.

All three are out of contract and free to negotiate deals at new clubs.

Each has made a noteworthy contribution during their time at the City of Manchester Stadium and the club wishes them well in their futures.

Bulgarian winger Petrov arrived during Sven-Goran Eriksson’s reign and despite being cursed by injury managed 57 starts for the Blues.

The 31-year-old former Atletico Madrid and Wolfsburg man produced several match winning performances scoring 15, often spectacular, goals along the way

Zimbabwe international captain Benjani was also an Eriksson purchase and shot to instant popularity amongst City fans scoring the winning goal on his debut in a 2-1 derby success at Old Trafford.

Another to be beset by injury problems at various points of his stay, the 31-year-old was a periphery figure this season and eventually went on loan to Sunderland at the end of the campaign. In all he made 27 starts for the Blues and scored seven goals.

Veteran Brazil defender Sylvinho came on a one-year contract at the start of this season straight from helping Barcelona to Champions League success.

The 35-year-old found his first team starts restricted to just nine but became an instant hit in the dressing room with his professionalism and knowledge that he was always ready to pass on.

Had it not been for Adam Johnson’s stunning effort in the 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Sylvinho’s eye-catching, long-range FA Cup goal at Scunthorpe would have been voted the goal of the season.

Also released this summer are young striker Jack Redshaw who is interesting Rochdale, goalkeeper Tobias Johansen and midfielder Karl Moore.

Re: 3 players released

Good. None have a future at City at all.

I'm surprised that Vieira's not on the list but I hope we may be holding out for a little fee.

Didsbury Dave said:
Good. None have a future at City at all.

I'm surprised that Vieira's not on the list but I hope we may be holding out for a little fee.

How can we ask for a fee? Vieira's a free agent at the end of the month if we don't exercise the 1 year option in his contract.

No surprises here either though i did hear we were going to offer Sylvinho another year - shame really cos the guy has a wealth of experience and would make prob a great coach and ambassador to the club. He seemed really genuine

Wouldn't mind keeping Vieira, still got a bit to offer after a good rest and a full pre-season, could be a usefull player depending on who else we are able to bring in.

Fingers crossed Viera will be released when his contract is up as well.

Only one decent game, always injured at the end of his career nothing to contribute IMO. If we are going to sign a Yaya type of player no point of keeping him.

As for the others good luck to them Petrov is a good player but always injured and a problem in the dressing room the other 2 are not good enough even as cover.

Thought Sylvinho had signed for another year.

We have signed Botang so no need for Silvinho, hopefully we will sell Garrido as well.

Bye Smiler! The goal shall be remembered.

27012_news.jpg
<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 pm --<br /><br />
alera said:
We have signed Botang so no need for Silvinho, hopefully we will sell Garrido as well.
Tbf I still think Garrido should be a squad player... as in real squad, rarely on the bench but still there just in case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.