MCFC Stats

Meddler

I remember this website being absolutely invaluable whenever you wanted to go and check if your memory served you correctly about a game you remembered when you were 6 years old or whatever, or if you wanted to see how many games a certain player played for the club that sort of thing.

I know the owner of the site sadly passed away last year and thats why it hasn't been updated since then. But I reckon he wouldn't have have wanted the hours and hours he must have put into the site to become redundant in a few years time. While we're only just over a year behind, I reckon the most important parts, the players and matches sections at least could be caught up on quite quickly.

Was thinking a few of us could offer to help out in that regard if anyone knows any of the blokes family (think the mans name was Steve Kay) and also has any skills in the tools the website uses. I know fuck all about Flash or publishing data to a website but I could be painstaking about the spreadsheet/data entry part if need be.

Hope no-one would think it was offensive to sort of take it over as I suppose I am proposing, I just think his brilliant statistical legacy should continue! As I there will always be stat obsessed fans like he was, and I am, and this was the best resource I've seen of any clubs.

I'd be willing to put some time in to bring it up to date and keep it running, if Steve's family was in favour. It was certainly a great resource, and I'd be happy to lend a helping hand.

http://blog.mcfcstats.com/?p=201

The future and direction of mcfcstats.com is up to you. We have a great base to build on and want to redefine ourselves as one of the best stats resources for any club on the web. So we need your help…
You may have noticed that mcfcstats.com hasn’t been updated since November; anybody who knew Steve would understand that it’s a huge task to get your head around the complexity of his spreadsheets, never mind update them, cross check and then update the site. He did all of this in his free time and because of his love for stats and Manchester City… As a result, MCFCstats has become one of the best places to find any stat relating to Manchester City… My aim is to continue this legacy and build on what Steve loved so much. Rest assured, stats are still being compiled in the background and the site will be updated under its current skin in the close season.
The future of the site is still very much undecided. This is where we need your help…
Over the close season a small group of us will be working hard to overhaul the entire site, making it easier to use and improving many of the features you use on a regular basis, but what do you want from MCFCstats?…
A few of the big improvement requests are: -
- Search functionality
- Linking directly to a stat/stats page
- Cross linking between players, managers, matches
- Comparison between stats/seasons/managers
- Site moderators/ultimate stattos to continue to build the back catalogue of stats
- Move away from flash!
I want to know how you use the site, what you get out of it and where you think it could be improved. So, if you have a spare couple of minutes and are able to help define the future of MCFCstats drop an email to ashley@mcfcstats.com or leave a comment on this thread, all requests and comments good or bad are welcome! Here are a few things I’d like to find out…
- What is your main goal when you come to mcfcstats.com?
- Which stats do you find yourself looking through on a regular basis?
- If there was one thing you could change/improve what would it be?
- What is the one feature you’d like to see added to MCFCstats?
- Any other features you think would continue to make mcfcstats a great stats resource?
I’m also looking for people to help this development, if you want to help out in any way get in touch with your skills and how you’d like to help. ashley@mcfcstats.com
Thanks
Ash

A smart phone version would be good if people are serious about continuing this great site!

can anybody let me know where "ste kay" was from, it would be much appreciated................ (where he went to school and where he lived, thanks fellow blues)

A fair amount of that info - including up to the present day - is on Wikipedia. Indeed, as time passes the season articles on Wikipedia are getting more and more complex in what they are recording - down to things like the combinations of kit usage, substitutions in games, and player discipline (bookings) records per game.

Again, not to take anything away from mcfcstats. That website is a gold-mine, and was the inspiration behind me when I first started charting our results on Wikipedia.

If you look at soccerbase.com, thats the best way to present information. The information can be stored in an access database (for easy updating) and the .mdb file simply uploaded. I'd loce yo build the site if someone updated it, but I just havent got the time I'm afraid.

It would be a damn shame for that site to fall by the wayside

Ash got in touch a little while after his Dad died and we were looking at doing something with it, which unfortunately we couldn't get going due to general busyness at the time. He will eventually get it running again.

Damocles said:
Ash got in touch a little while after his Dad died and we were looking at doing something with it, which unfortunately we couldn't get going due to general busyness at the time. He will eventually get it running again.
I hope so, it's over two years out of date so there's already a lot of material need to be put in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.